$11,500 AUD installed or $8,200 DIY... hardly worth it. I agree with Bluey... IS350 would be far superior.

Our dollar might be strong against the weak USD, but it hasn't moved much compared to other markets.

• 6 months later...

If i had a lazy 8200 dollars i would seriously consider this. IS350 228kw (approx) supercharged IS250 280kw.

allthough 350 more refined. i dont have 90k to buy one. more likely to pay 10k for my low km 250 and have a power house under the bonnet. ??

its still alot of money 10k. but so is 90k and i love my 250. so.... hmmm

nice, but 10K

what do you guys recon bout this?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=myih9tJcmyI

apparently its a Twin Turbo IS250, is it real?

doesnt seem that fast to me tho

k2sty1 im not a fan of turbo, i dont think it would suit a lexus sleek style either.

im driving a supercharged v6 commodore atm and love the surge in power and no stupid ricer psh pshh just raw power. makes a big difference to stock engine.

to have that on the 250 with 280kw (claimed) that would be awesome.

yeh, i dont think turbo's suit the Lexus IS

but a 280kw, IS250 would be just insaaaane

but the 0-100 time seems weird

10 seconds for 0-100?

lexus claim 8.1

isn't the IS250 faster than that??

10 seconds for 0-100?

lexus claim 8.1

i think it may have to do something with the high ambient temp over there!

for sure a 350 will still own this setup any day of the week but for those of us who have moddded our car a lot it's an alternative to retain all our mods.

might not be a 350, but is as close as we're gonna' get! It's also only 280kw with there headers otherwise it's only about 240KW! not that thats not good, but just so everyones aware.

i enquired but from what i was told they are still working on producing the kit for sale as well as DIY manual!

10 seconds for 0-100?

lexus claim 8.1

for sure a 350 will still own this setup any day of the week but for those of us who have moddded our car a lot it's an alternative to retain all our mods.

might not be a 350, but is as close as we're gonna' get! It's also only 280kw with there headers otherwise it's only about 240KW! not that thats not good, but just so everyones aware.

i enquired but from what i was told they are still working on producing the kit for sale as well as DIY manual!

If i wasnt saving for a house at the moment id still consider it. . . like you said in the 350 thread, the gap between 250 and 350 is a bit much although refined still large gap. but for 10k. power to dolllar ratio sounds impressive.

10 seconds for 0-100?

lexus claim 8.1

If i wasnt saving for a house at the moment id still consider it. . . like you said in the 350 thread, the gap between 250 and 350 is a bit much although refined still large gap. but for 10k. power to dolllar ratio sounds impressive.

i guess for those in our shoes we could always wait for a pre-thrashed 350! lol..... 4 yr warranty with lexus so if u pick up one with reamining factory warranty you should be ok. i know lexus are really good with warranty work so i'm very confident buying a pre-thrashed one!

If i said i knew a guy who is interested in building and installing kits for a minute fraction of the above cost how many would be interested. He wanted my car as a prptotype but im not financially ready atm. What he is planning though sounds awesome. If there is interest ill get a write up of what he is willing to do post.

If i said i knew a guy who is interested in building and installing kits for a minute fraction of the above cost how many would be interested. He wanted my car as a prptotype but im not financially ready atm. What he is planning though sounds awesome. If there is interest ill get a write up of what he is willing to do post.

if i said u was interested what would u be able to tell me? Kidding!

Very very interested depending on price and details of what is going to be done? Final output figures, reversible, etc....

if i said u was interested what would u be able to tell me? Kidding!

Very very interested depending on price and details of what is going to be done? Final output figures, reversible, etc....

lol. i was tlkin to him about it the other day. sounds awesome. bolt on (so bolt off), clutch system that can be switched on and off. standard computer therefore vvti still working etc etc etc. he told me so much stuff that ill get him to type it up what he gonna do and he said about 8 - 9 pound boost.. . . um. ill get onto him for exact details. . .

• 2 weeks later...