Very exciting, but I think it'll be a little too late. Why buy an 4 year old vehicle shape? It would have been a blast and a huge success if it came out years ago; I know I would have bought one; but not when the new shape is about to come out.

They need to think a little harder about these things.

its a shame they left it for so long. have to agree with everyone else, not too keen on driving around a car thats going to replaced very soon. also, taking into account you can already pickup a used is-f for under 100k on the road today it looks even less attractive.

u shot yourself in the foot lexus....... and this is the reason why bmw 3 series is better with engine/tranny/body choices! you should have let us decide whether or not we wanted an is350 instead of assuming we would have all forked out another 70k for an isf!

To be honest I think the is350 will be expensive.

I dont hink Lexus is a drivers car. Rather a luxury sedan for women. I have one although it was my partners choice.

The gear box is at silky smooth but as dumb as a door knob it short shifts too much (Yes in S and PWR as well)

The engine is smooth although ahs a strange tappet noise and all do if you listen to them.

The interior is the best in its class . Puts AUDI to shame in my eyes.

But again its not a drivers car . Its sporty but not sports. Its got power but no enough....It handles but does not engage....

So why would a 350 be differnt?

To develop the motor would not be much as its a simillar motor to the Aurion family with a more sophisticated intake system(please correct me as it was a while)

So how much extra should it cost? $5000 well if the were the case than yes I would do it at the time.

As my girl would be happy and I would have some more power to play with...

Although a 135 335 are all more of a car and yes they do cost a far amount more....

Im just trying to have a balanced view...

Please feel free to change my perspective..

The gear box is at silky smooth but as dumb as a door knob it short shifts too much (Yes in S and PWR as well)

The engine is smooth although ahs a strange tappet noise and all do if you listen to them.

I strongly disagree! I reckon the gearbox is excellent! I may have said it before, but I love it how it doesn't upshift straight away as soon as you let go off the gas. Holds the lower gear for a couple more seconds, and if you need power a second or two later, boom, off it goes again.

Have you actually taken the car off for a spirited drive, or done a motorkhana in it??? Switch off all your nanny driver aids, and it will really wake up. The way they programmed the gearbox, where you need short bursts of power, helps heaps. I've done it in other cars where you let go off the gas, car upshifts, then you need plenty of power again, and time is wasted on getting the right gear again. Sure you can do it manually also, but my point is, in full auto mode it does it really well, to a point where I do not need manual control. With driver aids (VSC, TRC) switched off (ABS still on) it puts down enough power to go sideways nicely. It might not have enough power to do a fully sick drift of course, however it will proudly show off its rear wheel drive characteristics :) For what it is, it handles very well. The stock suspension is a bit boaty, but nothing that can't be easily improved. Me and my friends do it once every two months or so, and they are all impressed with it, as they woudln't have thought a Lexus would perform as well. In fact, it's only about 3 seconds slower than my mate's evo 8, on a course that takes about a minute to complete. Now that says something!

And not sure how the IS250's 'tappet engine noise' have to do with IS350's engine? It's a different engine! And from what I read about it, it's an awesome engine indeed! And you should hear my neighbour's 320i's engine, sounds like a tractor. I know which one I'd rather have.

So many people knock Lexus due to its past reputation of zero driver enjoyment, without actually opening their eyes and trying it for themselves. Crikey!

I strongly disagree! I reckon the gearbox is excellent! I may have said it before, but I love it how it doesn't upshift straight away as soon as you let go off the gas. Holds the lower gear for a couple more seconds, and if you need power a second or two later, boom, off it goes again.

Have you actually taken the car off for a spirited drive, or done a motorkhana in it??? Switch off all your nanny driver aids, and it will really wake up. The way they programmed the gearbox, where you need short bursts of power, helps heaps. I've done it in other cars where you let go off the gas, car upshifts, then you need plenty of power again, and time is wasted on getting the right gear again. Sure you can do it manually also, but my point is, in full auto mode it does it really well, to a point where I do not need manual control. With driver aids (VSC, TRC) switched off (ABS still on) it puts down enough power to go sideways nicely. It might not have enough power to do a fully sick drift of course, however it will proudly show off its rear wheel drive characteristics :) For what it is, it handles very well. The stock suspension is a bit boaty, but nothing that can't be easily improved. Me and my friends do it once every two months or so, and they are all impressed with it, as they woudln't have thought a Lexus would perform as well. In fact, it's only about 3 seconds slower than my mate's evo 8, on a course that takes about a minute to complete. Now that says something!

And not sure how the IS250's 'tappet engine noise' have to do with IS350's engine? It's a different engine! And from what I read about it, it's an awesome engine indeed! And you should hear my neighbour's 320i's engine, sounds like a tractor. I know which one I'd rather have.

So many people knock Lexus due to its past reputation of zero driver enjoyment, without actually opening their eyes and trying it for themselves. Crikey!

Firstly I'm not commenting with out owning the car. I do have one and waited 8000ks befor I commented.

I did the Old road 1 months ago same place I take my R6.

As I sad this is simply my opionion.

Maybe be I love the DSG VW box too much to look at other options.I find the box is to eager to up shift and it annoys me dropping to below 2000rpm when it does not have the power.

Their is more to this car I like than I dont hence why we own it...

The gear box and the motor are not one of them...

How can I put it the car does not have a soul .....

Yeah, I don't like the motor too, too weak, they should have had the 350 option from the very beginning. My previous IS300, the 2JZ engine had more power/torque down the lower rev range, but also, the car had a bit more character as well, handled better than my current IS250. Ah well, let's hope the 350 comes and stays for good in Aus. Better late than never I suppose...

To be honest I think the is350 will be expensive.

I dont hink Lexus is a drivers car. Rather a luxury sedan for women. I have one although it was my partners choice.

The interior is the best in its class . Puts AUDI to shame in my eyes.

But again its not a drivers car . Its sporty but not sports. Its got power but no enough....It handles but does not engage....

So why would a 350 be differnt?

To develop the motor would not be much as its a simillar motor to the Aurion family with a more sophisticated intake system(please correct me as it was a while)

So how much extra should it cost? $5000 well if the were the case than yes I would do it at the time.

As my girl would be happy and I would have some more power to play with...

Although a 135 335 are all more of a car and yes they do cost a far amount more....

Im just trying to have a balanced view...

Please feel free to change my perspective..

I too was waiting for the is350 a year ago and end up buying a 335 m-sport coupe and i must say it is one hell of car chiped and 400bhp and 520nm of torque at just over 1000rpm all way to 6500rpm the 350 is in the same class as the 335 and the audi s4 and it will be priced at least $110000 if you want luxury you go for the 350 if you want amazing power and handling and steering feel the bmw as i had a is200 is300 and the is250 there is more room in my coupe than the lexus and ride is 10times better and handling

is way better than the sport is250 which i had as we still have a rx350 in the family but the 350 is too late 3yrs too late as the audi has moved the field futher ahead know in power

I,m very happy as the club is very big and lots of track and cruises.

Hi CEVU hope your still enjoying the tanabe exhaust cheers.

I've read through the previous posts and have to say that everyone has a valid point!

If you're after a drivers car go for the bmw but if you're after luxury, power and build quality i'd go with the lexus! Really there is no flat out this car is better than the other. Although they may be in the same class i still think they appeal to different buyers.

I've driven the vw/audi dsgs and would have to say they are well ahead of the auto boxes that lexus offers. Also in terms of engine choices, they have that covered too. Simply puts lexus to shame in the tranny/engine choices however in saying that, given the choice i would still buy an is350 had it been available at the time the is250 was released or shortly after!

I still think it's 2 years too late........ although a test drive when it becomes available may change my mind! Though i doubt it as i'd still probably pick up a used isf instead!

But with the europeans cars parts & service is more expensive as well as mods etc...... Don't have much faith in their build quality either and all occassions visiting audi/mercedes/bmw i found that their customer service was inferior to lexus!

Can only imagine if i had to go back with a problem :-(

At the end of the day my lexus might not be as exciting as european offerings but at least i'm riding around in comfort, and my vehicle is reliable! I also have peace of mind if anything goes wrong i will be looked after! This comment is based on actual experience. Lexus are always keen to rectify any problems with my vehicle with no hesitation! A car is only as good as the service it is backed by!

Again, all my opinion!

If this does prove to be true, I will be expressing my distaste at the dealer I bought my IS250 from in August. I questioned two separate sales people on three different occasions and they gave me every assurance that there would never be an IS350 in Australia.

I wanted a 350 from day one, and had to settle with a 250 as it's the closest I could get. I do think it will be introduced at a ridiculous price point, leading me to buy an ex-demo or slightly used IS-F next time around since they can be had for $100k or less these days.

If this does prove to be true, I will be expressing my distaste at the dealer I bought my IS250 from in August. I questioned two separate sales people on three different occasions and they gave me every assurance that there would never be an IS350 in Australia.

I wanted a 350 from day one, and had to settle with a 250 as it's the closest I could get. I do think it will be introduced at a ridiculous price point, leading me to buy an ex-demo or slightly used IS-F next time around since they can be had for $100k or less these days.

sorry to say mate

my sources are pretty damn good

unless my source is wrong it is coming

hell i even got to drive the isf even b4 the official launch lol

and no i dont work at a dealer lol

I've been told the same thing by the sales manager at a Sydney dealership. It is definitely coming along with the F-Sport IS250, both second half of 2010.

I don't think the IS350 will come in under 100K, i definitely hope so but highly doubt it.

The F-Sport IS250 is already on the Lexus AU website and a friend ordered one last week, so I'm guessing they are available sooner rather than later.

I'm not doubting your sources or having a go at you ilv1004s, I'm just annoyed at the non-truths I keep getting told from the dealer every time I confront them about this issue.

I'd hop on to IS350 model. All the features and reliability I've enjoyed with my current IS250 but with real grunt and power!

I also hope to have the IS-F grille I've always longed for. Just hope that can be option or part can be used on the IS350!

Any idea what the F-Sport IS250 is priced at?

I'd hop on to IS350 model. All the features and reliability I've enjoyed with my current IS250 but with real grunt and power!

I also hope to have the IS-F grille I've always longed for. Just hope that can be option or part can be used on the IS350!

I think if the price is right and with a few cosmetic changes their is still room for this in the stable.

I think the cabrio looks great and was just recently launched and looks great..

80K for the F-Sport but from what I have been told it doesn't seem very appealing to me, it doesn't come with any of the good F-Sport bits, i.e. exhaust, springs, shocks. Just minor cosmetic things inside and a IS-F style rear boot lid. Apparently the suspension is tweaked but is still an IS250 suspension.

80K for the F-Sport but from what I have been told it doesn't seem very appealing to me, it doesn't come with any of the good F-Sport bits, i.e. exhaust, springs, shocks. Just minor cosmetic things inside and a IS-F style rear boot lid. Apparently the suspension is tweaked but is still an IS250 suspension.

it just suddenly dawned on me! Does this mean we will also get the is350 convertible?