Swap Your 17" Rims For My 18" Rims?: Expressions Of Interest

My GSE20R IS250 (2007) had 18" rims fitted by the previous owner and my wife is finding the ride a little too firm on the potholed Sydney roads.

Currently sporting Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 255 40 R18's on the rear and 225 40 R18's on the front.

Tyres have about 5-10k left in them.

If anyone is looking to upsize from 17" rims to 18" and would like to do a deal. The rim are All in good condition.

Attached is a sample picture for an idea of the rims (i.e. These are not the actuals rims for sale)

post-3461-1260151454_thumb.jpg

I'm interested in the dimension of the tyres that you have fitted, but the tyre condition is not important as I'll be buying new tyres.

how bout 16's with brand new pirelli p7.

is it really that hard a ride?

My GSE20R IS250 (2007) had 18" rims fitted by the previous owner and my wife is finding the ride a little too firm on the potholed Sydney roads.

Currently sporting Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 255 40 R18's on the rear and 225 40 R18's on the front.

Tyres have about 5-10k left in them.

If anyone is looking to upsize from 17" rims to 18" and would like to do a deal. The rim are All in good condition.

Attached is a sample picture for an idea of the rims (i.e. These are not the actuals rims for sale)

post-3461-1260151454_thumb.jpg

I'm interested in the dimension of the tyres that you have fitted, but the tyre condition is not important as I'll be buying new tyres.

how bout 16's with brand new pirelli p7.

is it really that hard a ride?

Only really a hard ride on bad roads like Victoria Rd Sydney.

Handling on them is superb

What about outright sale? how much?

Will it be ok to deal with bad sections of Canterburry Rd?

I'm thinking of 19s but still not sure.

Looks like they go for over $1000 each new just for the rims.

Interested to know what people are willing to pay.

PS 19's on what will generally be lower profile rubber will give you a rougher ride.

dude i would love a lower profile wheel looks awesome on the 250. but i dont want to compramise my ride like i did on my IS200. looks awesome though.

if only there was a smooth soft option for low profiles. But physics just wont allow. not to mention i am a tight ass and dont wanna spend the money lol

If i were you id try ebay or trading post.

i tried with my is200 16's with not much luck but you will sell your 18's pretty quick

$1K for each wheel, so $4K for four (wheels only)?

One time on ebay a seller had the set with tyres for $1800. Even then i wasn't about to just jump on it as i wasn't sure of the history.

If they are near perfect and with tyres say $10K old, i'd think about it for $2K. I'm not saying they aren't worth more, it's just that a new set of 19s with new tyres go for that much (18s are about $1600). Sure one has to sacrifice suitability and confort for looks and i'm more in it for looks so...

Hi Syderis250

I am living in Sydney. I am currently driving an IS250 Sport Luxury which comes with genuine 17" alloy and Dunlop SP Maxx tyres. Front is the same as yours 225/40 ZR17 and rear is 245/40 ZR17. All tyres have done 36,000 km, I think they still have another 10,000km to go. Few scratches on the edges of the left hand rims.

I am looking for an upgrade but want something genuine looking. No polish, chrome or something makes the car looked cheap.

See what you think!

Cheers