• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"IS" used to mean "Inline Six" from what I'd heard from a dealer, even though the 200 had a '4' in it. But since the vehicle now has a V6 and no longer an Inline/Straight 6, I believe Lexus now say the IS is "Intelligent Sports".

But I'm sure half a dozen people have other ideas. Be curious as to what they might be.

ahahahaha

the IS350 IS a sports car, i admit

250 is not, but aparently 350 will come out in australia this year along with the IS-FR or something like that

• 2 weeks later...

like as in, wat gear does to car go into? when u step on it from 80 - 120

It will be third i think. havent really noticed and i dont think any one really does there are more important things coming towards you faster and faster. I think this is what DIS-LEX-SIC is getting at (?????) its not something on ppls minds when your driving it as you will see when you get yours.

smile.gif He's obviously having a lend... 8th gear beating a F430 on a running start, NEVER going to happen.

slight correction smile.gif

also id like to know where you found an extra two gears huh.gif lol. The whole thing would be reversed. The 430 would putt putt away from an IS250 in top gear using its torque lol

Very funny though Aircon, I like your sense of humour. Especially when some don't realised you're being funny. :lol:

I must admit that this thread has given me a laugh from the start.

thank God for that....I was getting a bit concerned.

I love my IS250. It's one of the best cars I've ever owned (and I've owned quite a few), but seriously....why is anyone concerned with its performance? For a 1600kg car with a 2.5l engine I think it goes very well and returns excellent fuel consumption, at the same time offering a very quiet and luxurious ride with just about every gadget known to man....and all this with fantastic fit, finish and reliability.

IMO that's what this car is about and it's the reason I bought it.

If you want a performance car and you're worried about the 0-100 times (or any other performance figures) then I think you're looking at the wrong car. Just my opinion, of course. So sorry k2sty1, but I really think if these are the important issues to you, then maybe you need to get a Porsche.

Very funny though Aircon, I like your sense of humour. Especially when some don't realised you're being funny. laugh.gif

I must admit that this thread has given me a laugh from the start.

thank God for that....I was getting a bit concerned.

I love my IS250. It's one of the best cars I've ever owned (and I've owned quite a few), but seriously....why is anyone concerned with its performance? For a 1600kg car with a 2.5l engine I think it goes very well and returns excellent fuel consumption, at the same time offering a very quiet and luxurious ride with just about every gadget known to man....and all this with fantastic fit, finish and reliability.

IMO that's what this car is about and it's the reason I bought it.

If you want a performance car and you're worried about the 0-100 times (or any other performance figures) then I think you're looking at the wrong car. Just my opinion, of course. So sorry k2sty1, but I really think if these are the important issues to you, then maybe you need to get a Porsche.

WELL said couldnt agree more Aircon. perhaps you should wait for the IS350 k2sty1

lol, well i gues its just my 16y/o immaturity

and yeh, im looking at getting a EvoX or 370Z now, but gonna be a pain getting the RTA to approve those cars

alos looking at some Civic Type R's

but this car seems best, but still looking around

and now im not concerned with performance as much, as said before, you can pay half of a IS250's price for something faster

but im more worried if i get this on my P's, wat my friends would do to it, lols

its just my 16y/o immaturity

im looking at getting a EvoX

or 370z

alos looking at Civic Type R's

And looking at IS250

Sounds like you really know what you want.

You're only a few years away from actually being allowed to drive an EvoX so that may narrow the field.

if performance is an issue..

oh well deal with it lol

i am dealing with it

is250 is bloody slow for my car terms

coming from m3 killing nissan stageas

Evo8's GTR's etc

im not complaining lol

i love how it's so slow

i dont even bother putting the foot down i just enjoy the car slowly and watch the jealously of other motorist around me lol