• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he said "He can not confirm there is a IS350 coming to Australia"

Tell him its been on the Lexus Australia's website since the 22/2/10, over 3 months. Thats terrible service and disinformation. Send him the link below:

http://www.lexus.com.au/news/2010/12165254/LEXUS-ANNOUNCES-IS-350-FOR-AUSTRALIA/

Ask him if the IS range is getting a refresh when the IS350 is released. ;)

THEY'RE HERE!!!

Well kinda, there are now 2 in Australia.

They are in Sydney ATM.

Excitement followed by depression. . . . So expensive lol. i need a house man. i dont need to hear there is an AWESOME "up grade" of my car!

THEY'RE HERE!!!

They are in Sydney ATM.

Excitement followed by depression. . . . So expensive lol. i need a house man. i dont need to hear there is an AWESOME "up grade" of my car!

so where do i put my name down for a test drive....

hmmm..... first mod, remove 350 badge and change back to 250 badge and shock some 350/370z's hahaha...

i hope they add in some goodies to lure existing 250 owners in.....

THEY'RE HERE!!!

They are in Sydney ATM.

At Sydney City Lexus? I only work around the corner, i gotta drop in tomorrow 4 sure.

In US market, the 350 price is around 15-20% more than the 250. So should begin from 72K? Hope so...............

Sadly... no. It will be much higher than that. The 250 SL is $85000 drive away. If you include the additional bullsh1t Australian import charges / taxes this will see it start more so around $100k. It will fill the gap between 250 & F.

So... did everyone get their Life & Luxury Lexus newsletter today??? There's a small article saying that people have already bought the IS350 :D and awaiting delivery later this year.

So... did everyone get their Life & Luxury Lexus newsletter today??? There's a small article saying that people have already bought the IS350 :D and awaiting delivery later this year.

guess i'll be making a few phone calls tomorrow! really keen to know the price!

wow thats not too bad at all

Think of the money you could save on mods.

It already has the brakes you have paid to fit.

It already has DRL.

It already has iPod/USB stereo input.

Almost makes up for the money you'll lose in speeding tickets. :D

wow thats not too bad at all

Think of the money you could save on mods.

It already has the brakes you have paid to fit.

It already has DRL.

It already has iPod/USB stereo input.

Almost makes up for the money you'll lose in speeding tickets. :D

wow..... thats really surprising!

guess i'll be visiting very very soon! lol....

lol, remember to sell your unwanted mods to me, :D

I got a better idea, get a used ISF.

i thought about that as well and the biggest obstacle was insurance. for me it was ranging between 7 - 10K a year and i'm 27! didn't seem worth it paying that much insurance when i could be paying less than half of that on a 350. lets not forget insurance is ongoing as well so after 3 years i could have bought another car! probably new as well! lol......

than i was still not convinced so i started looking at other ways around it! so to make sure i would not get one i told myself that:

1. more likely to retain licence with 350 as i do not have to be over 3500RPM to hear the engine/intake go nuts!

2. no one will know i have a fast car so i won't attract unwanted attention, both from loser P platers and coppers!

3. insurance and parts will be alot cheaper, parts because theres lots more 350s than isfs! (including the US!)

4. all my current parts are transferable less the extractors!

5. in first and second gear theres not much to separate the two! with the way the laws are heading it seems more and more pointless to have that power as well!

with the mobile cameras coming in, the numerous safety cameras getting installed, the anti-hoon laws, the underhanded tactics from the police force, and finally, that

the law enforcement team holds speeding as the major cause of all accidents even though all there stats and data proves otherwise! morons.....!

btw: hes 17 and a p plater! insurance will absolutely rape him! if he puts it in his parents name hes not insured and an unnamed driver anyway. in the off chance he is, there'll be a massive age excess and special vehicle excess which will be no less than 2k!

yeh, and plus the IS-F is a V8 so i cant drive it on my P's anyway

and the 350 has over 200KW so i cant drive it on my P's either, lol

gonna look into some more powerful cars for when i get off my P's tho

Nissan GTR R35, BMW M3 E46, Nissan 200SX, Mitusubishi Evo IX or X, Subaru WRX STi

one of these would be my ideal car for when i get off my P's, but i doubt i would get one of em anyway, lol

might get a used IS350, should be plenty in 3 years right?

lol

$7K insurance is unheard of for me lol but i hear you.

But I'm also hearing this intro bit.

I suppose it comes down to people's own circumstances...for me if i can i'd go that extra mile :)

There is only two ways if you ask me.

Don't go talking about Nissan GTR R35, BMW M3 E46, Nissan 200SX, Mitusubishi Evo IX or X, Subaru WRX STi, if you only 17 and have a restricted life. Talk about it when you're older and with no such life restrictions.

Or talk about it when you have made an order to get one of them.

i said they are cars i want

not cars i am getting

i would be crazy if i could get one of em on my full license

but basically what your saying is i shouldn't talk about

"Don't go talking about Nissan GTR R35, BMW M3 E46, Nissan 200SX, Mitusubishi Evo IX or X, Subaru WRX STi, if you only 17 and have a restricted life. Talk about it when you're older and with no such life restrictions.

Or talk about it when you have made an order to get one of them."

these cars cuz im young?

so what? i can't even dream about my favourite cars? or just fantasize bout driving one?

cause im "too young"

aight man

i was just saying i like those cars, and one of em would be a ideal car for me

'Nissan GTR R35, BMW M3 E46, Nissan 200SX, Mitusubishi Evo IX or X, Subaru WRX STi

one of these would be my ideal car for when i get off my P's, but i doubt i would get one of em anyway, lol"

but like i said in that comment, i doubt i can get one of those cars anyway

Not meaning to say you can or can't talk about it in the Hitler ways. I meant it from a mature way. 17s and thinking about R35 Evo 10 etc is abit like 18 and joining QSR cruise club. :D

Ok so i have my 250 for 3.5 years now, told myself from day one i leave it stock to when it's a bit older. Now 3.5 years on, i think it's old enough for essential mods...when i saw the group buy Teins thread i said i'm in but i wanted Tanabe...made up my mind and stuck to it. I went from not modding my car (not one thing) to wheels and drop within 3 weeks (the 3rd week was the shipping wait lol). I like to see alot of "said and do", in record time if you know what i mean lol.

lol, ok

yeh i guess the GTR R35 is kinda a strech, but the other cars are actually pretty cheap compared to what i thought they would cost

the 200SX is by far the cheapest tho, and i think it can be a real possibility

basically im going from a luxo sedan on my P's to a turbo 2.0l on my full license, lol

ps. my friends seriously considering buying a 2000 model IS200, anything he should watch out for??

thanks!