Wtb Ls400 Suspension Canberra

Hi all, Noob here. I am looking to buy standard struts and coil springs as the guy who owned my LS400 thought it was a good idea to chop the springs so the poor old girl is riding on the bump stops.

Is this a reasonable request or am I wasting my time?

Before anyone says the obvious, I have searched and cannot find any for sale.

It would be great to find some in the ACT/Southern NSW area if possible.

Hi all, Noob here. I am looking to buy standard struts and coil springs as the guy who owned my LS400 thought it was a good idea to chop the springs so the poor old girl is riding on the bump stops.

Hi Tony,

I don't know where you can find any standard coilovers but I do have a brand new set of HKS Hipermax LS+ coilovers that I do not need any more. These are brand new with the instalation manual and the other bits and pieces. They are completely adjustable in height and dampering and they are much more legal than choped springs. PM me if you are interested and let me know what you would like to pay for them. I will be posting these on the for sale forum soon but I saw your post so I thought I would give you first bite.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Tony,

I don't know where you can find any standard coilovers but I do have a brand new set of HKS Hipermax LS+ coilovers that I do not need any more. These are brand new with the instalation manual and the other bits and pieces. They are completely adjustable in height and dampering and they are much more legal than choped springs. PM me if you are interested and let me know what you would like to pay for them. I will be posting these on the for sale forum soon but I saw your post so I thought I would give you first bite.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the offer. Do you know if they are "rego friendly" or not, I seem to recall something about height adjustable suspension being a rego fail, but I'm not sure.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the offer. Do you know if they are "rego friendly" or not, I seem to recall something about height adjustable suspension being a rego fail, but I'm not sure.

Tony

Not sure of it being a rego fail and to be honest, I have never heard of this before. My brothers car has adjustable height suspension which has been RTA inspected and there was no issue. From my understanding the main guidline is there needs to be 100mm of clearence at the lowest point.

Cheers Andy

Hi Tony,

Cheers

Andy

Tony

Not sure of it being a rego fail and to be honest, I have never heard of this before. My brothers car has adjustable height suspension which has been RTA inspected and there was no issue. From my understanding the main guidline is there needs to be 100mm of clearence at the lowest point.

Cheers Andy

Hi Andy, what I should have said was "ACT rego fail", I will ask the inspector who will be checking my car.

Cheers, Tony Brown

• 3 weeks later...

No Worries. Let me know if you are interested. I will be placing them in the for sale section tonight so I am not sure how long I can hold onto them.

Cheers

Andy

Just to let any one know if they are interested, these are now on eBay with pictures. They are starting at $399.00 bargain considering they cost well over $1700

Cheers Andy

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...