Hi All,

I'm new here, and is considering either purchasing a brand new IS250 with EMV pack or a 09 model pre-owened one depend on the kms and price dealers can offer.

During my visit to various Lexus dealers, i came to realize there seem to be a newly upgraded Sat Nav system in the latest IS250 but I don't know since when this upgrade is done to the model.

If any one knows please kindly help me! Much appreciated :)

New screen interface from August 2009 build. Also in that update was the USB stereo connection.

Certainly make sure you get one with those updates. The new screen interface is very good and the functionality is increased in several areas.

Does it point out speed cameras? My 2006 sports with EMV doesn't do it but a $300 Tom Tom does?

ehehehehhe

my cousin has some crappy little tomtom even tho he has a lexus nav system on his IS250

the tomtoms just for speed cameras and that kinda stuff

ehehehehhe

my cousin has some crappy little tomtom even tho he has a lexus nav system on his IS250

eheheheheheh

maybe your cousin should learn how to use his Lexus sat nav because you can program camera warnings into the factory system.

When your Mum buys you a car, and you're allowed out on the road on your own, we'll show you how to do it & you can show your cousin.

well pointing out speed cameras is illegal i think lol

No not illegal.

Now to answer the question before someone asks it: Why is it on a Navman for $150 but not in a Lexus/BMW/Audi etc?

Its to do with corporate morality by the car companies. If they have it programmed into their cars it is seen as promoting unsafe driving. Just the reason the factory nav system has a disclaimer when you start the car about driving safe etc.

Can you imagine Today Tonight or A Current Affair if some P plater killed someone in his Mum's Lexus & it was proven that the factory system encouraged speeding by warning when to do 160km & when to slow back to 60km. As if to promote it.

The speed cameras are actually in the nav data just not utilised by the system, so I'm told.

Its pretty easy to program camera warnings into the system if you really want them and works really well. Plus you only have to program it once, well worth the time IMO.

The RTA even supply a list of their locations

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/speedandspeedcameras/fixeddigitalspeedcameras/fixedspeedcameralocations/

ehehehehhe

eheheheheheh

maybe your cousin should learn how to use his Lexus sat nav because you can program camera warnings into the factory system.

When your Mum buys you a car, and you're allowed out on the road on your own, we'll show you how to do it & you can show your cousin.

No not illegal.

Now to answer the question before someone asks it: Why is it on a Navman for $150 but not in a Lexus/BMW/Audi etc?

Its to do with corporate morality by the car companies. If they have it programmed into their cars it is seen as promoting unsafe driving. Just the reason the factory nav system has a disclaimer when you start the car about driving safe etc.

Can you imagine Today Tonight or A Current Affair if some P plater killed someone in his Mum's Lexus & it was proven that the factory system encouraged speeding by warning when to do 160km & when to slow back to 60km. As if to promote it.

The speed cameras are actually in the nav data just not utilised by the system, so I'm told.

Its pretty easy to program camera warnings into the system if you really want them and works really well. Plus you only have to program it once, well worth the time IMO.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/speedandspeedcameras/fixeddigitalspeedcameras/fixedspeedcameralocations/

jake u must tell me how to do it

i want it

ehehehehhe

eheheheheheh

No not illegal.

jake u must tell me how to do it

i want it

same here!

Although it's not as critical in the Lexus with cruise control as it is in my other car without, but it can't hurt.