Hi all

I am in the market for an IS250. I have always loved them and my current lease on my car so I am after something else.

I am looking for a 2008 model as I can't afford a new 250.

Just wondering what people think I should pay for a

Presitge

Sliver or White

Sunroof

Auto

Full service, low kms etc

Also, quite a lot of dealers have the above for around the 52K driveaway... what do you reckon I would get them down to? I don't have a trade in...

hey

i got a 2007 IS250 Sport last week for $47,000, down from $50,900

they gave us $24,000 for our trade in (2003 RX330), even though it had a few scrapes, and dents, with 110,000kms

are u looking for one with navigation and the rear camera, i think its called the EMV package

or just an all out basic model?? (without nav and the mark levinson speakers)

ahh, ok

well mine had the EMV (camera, nav, sunroof) and 27,000kms on it (i wanted one with lower km's but there alot more expensive)

im assuming ur buying from a dealer

most '08 prestiges with under 10,000kms are going for around 50K

and with the EMV there around 54K (well they were that much when i was looking for a IS250 a month ago, in sydney)

oh and any specific reason you want a 2008 model and not a 2007?

is it just the km's or you just want a 2008? (i wanted a '07 cuz it sounds better than '06, lol!)

you should also look at the IS250 X Limited Editions

they go for around the same price as a prestige but with more features (has sunroof, 18" rims (the 16's look bad IMHO) nav, rear camera, sport pedals)

ahh, ok

well mine had the EMV (camera, nav, sunroof) and 27,000kms on it (i wanted one with lower km's but there alot more expensive)

im assuming ur buying from a dealer

most '08 prestiges with under 10,000kms are going for around 50K

and with the EMV there around 54K (well they were that much when i was looking for a IS250 a month ago, in sydney)

oh and any specific reason you want a 2008 model and not a 2007?

is it just the km's or you just want a 2008? (i wanted a '07 cuz it sounds better than '06, lol!)

you should also look at the IS250 X Limited Editions

they go for around the same price as a prestige but with more features (has sunroof, 18" rims (the 16's look bad IMHO) nav, rear camera, sport pedals)

thanks for that.

The more I look into it - the more I think I would like the EMV package.

I was looking at the 08 mainly due to warranty reasons. I will be leasing it for three years ( through work ) so I would like to be in warranty during this period for as long as I can... hence the 08.

Does lexus offer a extended warranty... if so I would be very interested in picking up an 07!

there is extended warranty

they said for me it was $2123.50 for 2 extra years (lol, i still have the papers they gave me so i know the exact price, :D)

i decided not to get it as there werent any problems with my '03 RX330 even after 7 years of driving it (actually problems started to happen around 100,000kms, but they were minor)

im sure if i wanted i could extend it later on (hopefully, lol)

and i would DEFINITELY get the EMV

its worth the extra $$$

the navigation screen is big and the display is crisp, and you also get the Mark Levinson 14 speaker surround sound, which is a must have, i think its quite a bit better than the standard lexus one, and ive compared both (mine has the ML 14speakers, my cousin has the non EMV 13 speaker lexus speakers) the lexus ones are in no way bad, just the ML sound is so good

you also get Bluetooth, and a rear camera (great cuz the back windows kinda small, and the rear is pretty high)

they said for me it was $2123.50 for 2 extra years (lol, i still have the papers they gave me so i know the exact price, :D)

i decided not to get it as there werent any problems with my '03 RX330 even after 7 years of driving it (actually problems started to happen around 100,000kms, but they were minor)

its worth the extra $$$

the navigation screen is big and the display is crisp, and you also get the Mark Levinson 14 speaker surround sound, which is a must have, i think its quite a bit better than the standard lexus one, and ive compared both (mine has the ML 14speakers, my cousin has the non EMV 13 speaker lexus speakers) the lexus ones are in no way bad, just the ML sound is so good

you also get Bluetooth, and a rear camera (great cuz the back windows kinda small, and the rear is pretty high)

i would have to agree! def want the emv pack! makes the car that much more better and most ppl i know who didn't get it end up regretting it! theres not that much of a price difference with and without it anyway, especially if you're buying preowned!

its worth the extra $$$

i would have to agree! def want the emv pack! makes the car that much more better and most ppl i know who didn't get it end up regretting it! theres not that much of a price difference with and without it anyway, especially if you're buying preowned!

I agree, and I am now looking for the EMV pack. Whilst you point out that they aren't that much more - there isn't as as many cars with them as without.... kinda hard when you're looking in the second hand market...

Without this forum I would have settled for a non EMV model....glad I did my research..

Hi all

I am in the market for an IS250. I have always loved them and my current lease on my car so I am after something else.

Presitge

Sliver or White

Sunroof

Auto

Also, quite a lot of dealers have the above for around the 52K driveaway... what do you reckon I would get them down to? I don't have a trade in...

forgot to ask where you're based!

i've found one in qld that may suit and even though you may not be there it may be worth your while to fly there and have a look and get the car transported back! should cost about $600 or so depending on where its going to plus the cost of your flights but this particular one fits all your requirements and is only $45800 driveaway!

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=8491406&YearFromShort=1651&__Qpb=true&Cr=3&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%204294965468%204294965467%20%201651&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&__No=15&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=208&__sid=126DD8D96138

hope this helps!

Hi all

Presitge

Sliver or White

Sunroof

Auto

i've found one in qld that may suit and even though you may not be there it may be worth your while to fly there and have a look and get the car transported back! should cost about $600 or so depending on where its going to plus the cost of your flights but this particular one fits all your requirements and is only $45800 driveaway!

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=8491406&YearFromShort=1651&__Qpb=true&Cr=3&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%204294965468%204294965467%20%201651&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&__No=15&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=208&__sid=126DD8D96138

hope this helps!

I saw that QLD one - looks pretty good ( =maybe not the wheels ).

I am in Canberra, so we have a lexus dealer here - I will be looking in Sydney & Melbourne as well.

Hi all

Presitge

Sliver or White

Sunroof

Auto

hope this helps!

I saw that QLD one - looks pretty good ( =maybe not the wheels ).

I am in Canberra, so we have a lexus dealer here - I will be looking in Sydney & Melbourne as well.

unfortunately all prestiges come like that unless the previous owner has purchased aftermarket wheels!

nothing thats not easily fixed!

good luck with your search.

with the EMV there around 54K (well they were that much when i was looking for a IS250 a month ago, in sydney)

If you are a repeat customer or friendly with a dealer you may only be a few grand off a 2010 spec demo. The MY 2010 includes some good improvements like 17 inch staggered width wheels, tweeked auto gearbox, better EMV interface & USB stereo input.

Thats what I'd look at if I going to drop that many spondulicks. ;)

What colours in an IS250 are you looking at???

That sound expensive for a 2 year warranty extension from what I've heard, but I've never bought one so wouldn't know

Hey "theconcierge" does your name come from you working at a 5 star hotel in Canberra???

The next ALOC drive after Wollongong could be an overnighter in Canberra if thats the case.

dis-lex-ic is starting to become the go to guy for just about anything is250 lexus related!! :-)

well..if he is...hey dis....can you tell me how to enable speed cams on my sat nav?

there's been talk of it on here, but no one's mentioned how yet.

how to enable speed cams on my sat nav?

there's been talk of it on here

Not quite Aircon.

You can't "enable" speed cameras from the data on the DVD as there is no function for it in the system. It would be great though.

What you can do is program or input a speed camera warning yourself using your memory points.

There are a couple of ways of doing it so writing out instructions will take me a while and probably be a bit long winded but I'll give it a go and then post it up.

how to enable speed cams on my sat nav?

there's been talk of it on here

Not quite Aircon.

You can't "enable" speed cameras from the data on the DVD as there is no function for it in the system. It would be great though.

What you can do is program or input a speed camera warning yourself using your memory points.

There are a couple of ways of doing it so writing out instructions will take me a while and probably be a bit long winded but I'll give it a go and then post it up.

ahhh...no worries. I got my hopes up! I know how to do the memory points...but that's rather laborious.

ohh

nice, it'll be great if u can get the "tutorial" up

but im in no rush, probs gonna have to wait round 2 weeks maybe more to get my car back

hey mate.

i haven't told the forum yet but i just picked up my second is250.

my first one i have that i'm currently testing and modifying is my silver one, it's a 2008 prestige model without the sunroof and emv..

Just last week i purchased another is250, this time i picked up a dark grey is250 sports luxury with all you can imagine.

comparing the two of them i just put my hands down and say straight away that the Sports Luxury is the way to go.

for starters

you get the mark levinson system, which i just did the dvd hack and i have to say it is amazing, sound is amazing compared to the other 13 speaker pioneer unit.

you get 3 person memory seats, mirrors and steering wheel along with the passenger, you get a electric adjusting steering column.

Reversing camera, parking sensors, better head lights, better ride height..

my sports luxury is a 2007 model and it just has 12,000kms.

you just need to have patience because you can get the best deal that way..

Comparing the two, my silver car feels like a hyundai compared to the sports luxury.

But exterior wise.. that's another story where as i plan to leave the sports luxury one standard and just modify the silver prestige model i have.

I hope this helps.

yeh, ive compared my cousins Prestige to my Sports (fully loaded) and he wants the nav, LOL

my car also sits a little lower than his car, and the 18" rims look SOOOOOO much better than the 16's

the suspension is actually quite a bit harder in my car aswell, but it IS the sport model, and i expected it to be hard

also like i said before the camera is very convenient

i wouldnt go as far as saying it feels like a Hyundai but it DOES feel alot different in my car compared to his, also his is leather and mines alcantara

oh, and the lights on his are just the normal ones, mines got the xenon lights and i was really suprised at how it actually does allow u to see further than i thought

his also doesnt have the active steering headlight thingy, it basically turn the headlights a little to the way ur turning but only past 10km/h (i think)

but instead his has a dial thing that u can adjust how high u want the lights pointing

i think my other cousins getting a IS350 when they land in australia, a fully loaded one, so i'll compare to that IF he gets one, since his off his P's end of this year, so can drive over 200kw cars then