hey everyone, im new here, bought an '04 IS200 last october, done some work to sound, but want to work on the exterior now, but im not too sure on wheel and tyre sizes that i should b looking for??

i want 19s but do i need to do any work to the arches??

or will 18s look big enough.

cheers

hey, lol i was thinking of puting 20 inch wheels, i asked tempe tyres and they said it should be right, they also roll guards aswell with the package....... So is that right or were they just trying to pull me in.....

So would i have to roll the gaurds or fler them out.......

F.t.w

You can fit 20" rims yes just so long as they are not massively wide and depending on the offset if you keep to narrow rims you should hopefully not need to roll or flare.

Be prepared for defects though, they are over 2" bigger than the largest stock rim so cops will still defect you for it even though the rules changed in 2006...

You will want to print out this document (http://jtmiller.net/NCOP11_Section_LS_Suspension_and_steering_3Feb2006.pdf) for if a cop tries to defect you, in particular pages 14 through 19. Just be nice to the officer and you will be fine.

Those pages have the new rule on them where it doesnt matter what size the rim is so long as the tyre is "not be more than 15mm larger or 26mm smaller than that of any tyre designated by the vehicle manufacturer for that model."

On the front with 20" rims you would want to stick around the 7" wide mark, on 17" rims you can fit 8.5" wide max on the front but that is with a fair bit of guard work.

Really you are better off getting 18"s or at a stretch 19"s, will cost a lot less for tyres as well, but if you are desperate to go 20"s stay as narrow as possible and make sure the offset doesn't make them stick out too far.

• 3 months later...

Those pages have the new rule on them where it doesnt matter what size the rim is so long as the tyre is "not be more than 15mm larger or 26mm smaller than that of any tyre designated by the vehicle manufacturer for that model."

On the front with 20" rims you would want to stick around the 7" wide mark, on 17" rims you can fit 8.5" wide max on the front but that is with a fair bit of guard work.

Really you are better off getting 18"s or at a stretch 19"s, will cost a lot less for tyres as well, but if you are desperate to go 20"s stay as narrow as possible and make sure the offset doesn't make them stick out too far.

Ey guys!

Just to clarify. If you want 17's 7.5 is widest you can go on the front?

If you want 18's, how wide can you go?? Im looking at 18's for front at back. Would 18x7.5 fit the front? and 18x8.5 fit the back?!?!

Thanks a lot!!

Bumble!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i got 20's on my 04 is200 and its lowered 3 1/2 inches from standard and they dont touch my car at all, the car came like this but the guy i brought it off said he had the wheels imported from japan and they custom offset the wheels for him to fit the car to avoid any troubles, probs cost a bit more but depens on if u want it done correct on not.

i cant give anymore info on where he got them i wouldnt know but its an option :)