There is only one dealer in Perth and they are asking $150 for a set of front pads and hate to think what a disc would be.The only pads i could otherwise source here were bendix ultimate for the same price but ended up getting trw (old pommy Lucas)for $90.If anyone wants them i have the specs (max/min thickness)for the discs and pads.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so what is the price to have discs and pad change at a regular shop?

Compare to getting a mate to help you do it.

Ok so what is the price to have discs and pad change at a regular shop?

Compare to getting a mate to help you do it.

couple hundred. you can do it yourself but you may have a problem getting the new pads in the caliper over the new disc if the old are very worn. a piston clamp thingy is REAL handy. beacause a G clamp . . . .well lets just say a G clamp isnt the right tool. (like a fork lift justin, lol kinda works with lots of perseverance lol)

lol, i should have taken pics of that 8 ton thing in action shouldn't i. I get a feeling we haven't seen the last of it.

Might just get my mech to do it when i get the parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Car: IS 250

I just brought mine into the dealer for a 60,000km service.

Pretty happy with the performance of the stock rotors/pads.

They quoted $805 for new rotors and pads.

1. does anyone know what company makes the OEM rotors and pads for the IS 250?
  2. I just want a replacement such that it is still silent and the performance of the stock set up is pretty good IMO. I'm thinking of using DBA street series rotors(DBA 2726) and Lucas pads . Anyone with this combination?

Car: IS 250

I just brought mine into the dealer for a 60,000km service.

Pretty happy with the performance of the stock rotors/pads.

They quoted $805 for new rotors and pads.

1. does anyone know what company makes the OEM rotors and pads for the IS 250?
  2. I just want a replacement such that it is still silent and the performance of the stock set up is pretty good IMO. I'm thinking of using DBA street series rotors(DBA 2726) and Lucas pads . Anyone with this combination?

Toyota Kluger rotors, I remeber being the same. So you can get them through a dealership.

Yes in theory the BIAS is affected.

The brake place next to my work has a bias machine you drive on and brake and it shows how much of the braking is done where,

As for G-Clamp dont knock,

At least 100 sets changed with it ang going strong. When did my pprenteship I didnt even know there was a special tool,

If you have any issues just realease the blled valve a 1/4 turn and press as you are doing it will take away the extra a pressure. PS dont open so much as you are getting bubble is the caliper make sure you are applying force with G-clap.

Over and out/

good answer if I was asking for choice between DBA rotors and other rotors ( I love DBAs by the way on my other car).

Nevertheless, as I was asking, would braking still be fairly "squel-less" with a combination of Lucas pads and DBA street rotors?

Anyone?

PS

MOST

DBA are made in Australia

Almost all

RDA are made in China

Consider your decision.

DBA also cool better and have Kanga pow ventilation

I wonder if Toyota make the same size/shaped pads for another model? For some reason the "regular" Toyota pads are very dustless compared to Lexus pads. I used to use Toyota pads on DBA 4000 discs on a previous car and it was a great combo.

Anyone has gotten their discs and pads done recently, if so where and how much? And what Kms did u survived to?

The dealers has quoted me the same as what Jomster has quoted a few post back.

Anyone has gotten their discs and pads done recently, if so where and how much? And what Kms did u survived to?

The dealers has quoted me the same as what Jomster has quoted a few post back.

Have you not read through the 3 pages of posts this thread has?

I've even got a post in the same page as this (ie post #32) indicating the price and mileage.