Sewell Prices - Postage ! Can I Find Better Elsewhere

Hi,

Just wanted opinions on whether there are any better options around than purchasing my wanted goods from Sewell's USA.

Im currently chasing some basic things, F-sport intake, F-sport springs and F-sport sway set.

The postage for the three items comes to over US$828..... which to me is rediculous.

Do i have any other options for the stated items?

Thanks

I got alot of my stuff from Sewell - if you want to save on shipping, its probably best to get everything you want in one go rather than separately.

Also Sewell uses FedEx for shipping if you order through their site...email them and tell them you want to them to ship through USPS if possible, it may be a bit cheaper - but it definitely is gonna take longer.

Lexus dealers here do or can order F-Sport parts it's just a matter if your willing to pay their price.

I sourced my F-Sport intake kit overseas for ~$300 cheaper that than what the local dealers here were charging - However it was also due to the strong exchange rate back then.

There are a few F-Sport Intakes on eBay, all from US. I enquired a few months back and was quoted $60 postage. For the springs & sways, I haven't seen them anywhere else yet.

With the Aus dollar falls of late, you might be better of getting them from a local dealer or hurry up and buy O/seas before the $ falls even further.

• 3 months later...

Hey Jeso,

I just bought a whole range of parts recently (F-Sport Lower Springs, Exhaust and Intake) from Lexus of North Miami on ebay. The guy I was dealing with was their Internet Sales Manager Steve Exume and you can contact him directly via their ebay shop. They were willing to match prices of other dealerships too (just make him an offer like I did) and also gave a reasonable quote on shipping approx $400 USD via Fedex with Tracking No. Considering the package that I had weigh more than about 60 kilos plus I thought it was acceptable. You will however have to pay extra duties/customs fees once item gets to AUS if you purchase parts over $1000 AUD.

Sewell parts in my opinion charge absolutely ridicious prices for shipping & handling. Although I must admit their product range and website is pretty good. You may want to just find the parts you are after with the best prices and see if Lexus of Miami would match or beat their prices. Certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Good luck and hope this helps

Cheers,

Mike

Hi,

Just wanted opinions on whether there are any better options around than purchasing my wanted goods from Sewell's USA.

Im currently chasing some basic things, F-sport intake, F-sport springs and F-sport sway set.

The postage for the three items comes to over US$828..... which to me is rediculous.

Do i have any other options for the stated items?

Thanks

• 8 months later...

You need Fsport product. Lexus Of North Miami is the way to go. There service and prices are incredible. I bought my wife fsport products from them and it was ship the same day and tracking number and speed was beyond what i expected. Ask for Steve he is great going out of his way.

this guy is the best:

LEXUSOFNORTHMIAMI38@gmail.com

contact him, and TELL HIM to lower the invoice on the package. so you dont get charge duty or tax.

make sure it is less than 1000AUD. lexus Miami can do it for you.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any luck with Sewell and their freight prices or do they stick to there guns? The offer discount if an CL member down to $1084 for F Sport exhaust and $319 for the F Sport intake, which is great, but then they want $705 to freight it.

Where as Miami wants $1377 and $324 and only $250 to freight.

Making Sewell $157 dearer.

Miami is the best price. with current AUD, cant argue anymore.

just make sure invoice under 1000aud , and you are save!

Miami is quoting $250 including all duties, will this cover it, or will I still be required to pay more duty when I pick up the parts from the post office? I have never brought items over $1000 from overseas before, so I'm unsure on how the duty works.

Miami is the best price. with current AUD, cant argue anymore.

just make sure invoice under 1000aud , and you are save!

Miami is quoting $250 including all duties, will this cover it, or will I still be required to pay more duty when I pick up the parts from the post office? I have never brought items over $1000 from overseas before, so I'm unsure on how the duty works.

ask them to put it uner 1000 AUD inc shipping

and they will do it

u dont have to pay anything more