guys and girls

just wondering who you insure your cars with.

also what are you's paying and age (if you dont mind disclosing of course)

im 23, in south west sydney (low crime area) and paying $2100 with gio. recent experience shows they are a good company but since being taken over by suncorp (also owns AAMI . . . ) they have become a lower end company instead of the big helpfull company they used to be. dont get me wrong they look after you, just alot more running around for THEM if you have any issues. (accident). The only reason im with them is i got a family discount thingy thanks to my dad. but now i have my own rating looking at better insurers.

Any Information would be great. Thanks.

hhmmmm...... well i live in a high crime area atm! parents place! will be moving soon so hopefully that cushions the blow a little but i'm up for 3444 a year insured at $56K. gotta make sure the mods and stereo system are covered! :-)

south west sydney!

im paying $1200 with AAMI

but if im driving when theres an accident, i gotta pay excess fee's or something (around $1000)

agreed value is 50K

Wow I am getting jipped, I am with AAMI paying 1800+ with 500 odd excess and I am over 30, car is garaged, agreed value...., I got a good quote from Lexus insurance for around 1500 last year, I might switch to them this year.

I'm Rating 1 for life and haven't made a claim for about 7 years, and am paying $1,250 through RACV for a '06 Prestige (market value). That's not the cheapest I know, but its competitive. I only have a $400 excess and includes windscreen cover that includes Lexus factory windscreens and not after-market.

I guess I could shop around and get a better deal elsewhere, but my experience with RACV (for home and auto insurance claims previously) has been first-class, so more than happy to stick with them.

Paying around $900 with Real Insurance - 30yr North West Sydney. They were the cheapest by far and that's not even raising the excess.

I hate insurance, if you don't get any use out of it, it just seems like such a waste. But, we buy it anyway.

I think i'm due again in a few months

hhmmmm...... well i live in a high crime area atm! parents place! will be moving soon so hopefully that cushions the blow a little but i'm up for 3444 a year insured at $56K. gotta make sure the mods and stereo system are covered! :-)

south west sydney!

Hey Justin..................mate, that is crazy!!!! Have you dropped an intercooled twin turbo 20b rotor into the IS and not told us??? That sort of premium I would hope so!!!Again mate, I would use the extra premium you pay and put it towards rent in a better area..............Crazy brother!!!

I will be changing insurance companies after this stint as well. Im currently with AAMI only because all my cars, house and home contents etc,etc etc were at one stage all through them and I have never claimed. Now only the Lex and my other car are through em. Are they the cheapest out there...............hell no. I pay $980 with an increased excess. ($1000odd). Im over 30 (not by much fellas so take it easy),(still young) and live in the North West.

I claimed my first ever windscreen on the Lex a few months back and that was an initial hassle because I didn't realise that I had to use their prefered windscreen supplier. (Although they did say that it was going to be an OEM glass). In the end they did agree to let me use my own guy if I payed the difference which they later matched. $920 for oem fitted!

I guess the main reason I want to change is hearing these great stories where insurance claims have gone seemlessly. I think you mentioned something a while ago Justin where yours was brilliant and no questions asked come claim time!!!

I recently renewed my insurance and shopped around with the majority of companies via my Google search.

I've found ING to be the cheapest. I have been with them for the last two years because they have been the most competitive.

I've got a 2008 Prestige (agreed) valued at $46,880. I live in the Western suburbs in Melbourne and my age is 36.

I pay $778

south west sydney!

Hey Justin..................mate, that is crazy!!!! Have you dropped an intercooled twin turbo 20b rotor into the IS and not told us??? That sort of premium I would hope so!!!Again mate, I would use the extra premium you pay and put it towards rent in a better area..............Crazy brother!!!

I will be changing insurance companies after this stint as well. Im currently with AAMI only because all my cars, house and home contents etc,etc etc were at one stage all through them and I have never claimed. Now only the Lex and my other car are through em. Are they the cheapest out there...............hell no. I pay $980 with an increased excess. ($1000odd). Im over 30 (not by much fellas so take it easy),(still young) and live in the North West.

I claimed my first ever windscreen on the Lex a few months back and that was an initial hassle because I didn't realise that I had to use their prefered windscreen supplier. (Although they did say that it was going to be an OEM glass). In the end they did agree to let me use my own guy if I payed the difference which they later matched. $920 for oem fitted!

I guess the main reason I want to change is hearing these great stories where insurance claims have gone seemlessly. I think you mentioned something a while ago Justin where yours was brilliant and no questions asked come claim time!!!

i wish i had a turbo!!! no, def do not have a turbo or any secret mods! if only aye...?

i'm not paying rent so the insurance isn't really a problem, i'm with the parents while they assist us in looking after the new member of our little family!

but yes it does appear that i pay a bit too much for insurance, must be the areas i live in but in saying that even when i was at chatswood it was still about 1500! i have no history in the last 3 years, claims, thefts etc.... so i wonder whats going on there?

yep, claimed through NRMA twice and they are so good in comparison to AAMI! i've been with AAMI as well and in my experience it's not worth the saving. My aprents also moved away from them as you can't choose your own repairer and have to used one of theirs. The quality of work isn't that great either but it's too time consuming to go back and forth arguing with them.

I recently renewed my insurance and shopped around with the majority of companies via my Google search.

I've found ING to be the cheapest. I have been with them for the last two years because they have been the most competitive.

I've got a 2008 Prestige (agreed) valued at $46,880. I live in the Western suburbs in Melbourne and my age is 36.

I pay $778

pretty much anywhere out of sydney is better!

it cost me 9000 or so to insure an isf here in sydney, if i used my mates address in brisbane it's 1200. thats even less than half what my 250 costs to insure!

im 28, rating 1 for life

agreed value $50k

$690 per annum

standard $500 excess

NRMA

simple...

most quoted me between 1000-1100 roughly, then AAMI came in at $760 so I called NRMA and they beat it by 10%...

was easy, just had to prove the quote and bobs ya uncle...

seemed like a pretty reasonable offer, so I took it...

I'm with AMMI for $1100 agreed value of $58,000 Rating 1. NRMA were going to charge me an arm and a leg. They don't like young people it seems. Yet their green slips are cheaper so mine are from them/

I've had 2 claims with them in the past both the IS250 and my old car which were not at fault.

I know they say you can't choose your repairer - But I managed to on both occasions.

Probably because they're just brokers and passing the bill onto the other party but they do have good customer service. I was statisfied with the work on both occasions.

holy f**k

i got jibbed i pay $1980 with excess of $1250 i think for a 06 prestige EMV upgrade, agreed for 42k with aami

im 24 and i have made a claim, (wrote off previous car)

living in low crime area norther suburbs.............

this is messed

btw i am rating 1 too

I'm surprised more people here haven't got: http://www.lexus.com.au/insurance/

Lexus Motor Vehicle Insurance

We understand how your Lexus will become an indispensable part of your life. So Lexus has developed vehicle insurance protection which helps you avoid costly repairs or the inconvenience of being without your vehicle altogether.

With a Lexus Insurance Comprehensive Motor Vehicle policy, you have the comfort of knowing that if your Lexus is stolen or damaged beyond repair within it’s original new vehicle warranty period, and has travelled less than 100,000 km since first registration, it will be replaced with a new Lexus.

For further peace of mind, we provide your Lexus with a genuine original factory Lexus parts guarantee and a quality guarantee on all repairs, provided you remain the owner of the vehicle.

The Lexus Insurance Comprehensive Motor Vehicle policy also provides:

•car hire to a maximum of $75 per day for up to 14 days if your vehicle is stolen

•up to $500 for emergency trip continuation expenses

•up to $500 for emergency repairs costs

•protection of your “no claim bonus” if you are not at fault

•a “no fault excess benefit” with no excess payable if you are deemed to be not at fault and you have provided us with full details of the other party

•protection of your legal liability and help with legal costs for damage to other people’s property up to $20,000,000.

•cover for your personal items in the vehicle up to $1000

•cover for baby seats and capsules in the vehicle up to $500

•transfer of cover if you replace your vehicle

•Windscreen cover – up to 2 windscreen claims with no payment of excess or loss of no claim bonus in any 12 month period (conditions apply)

I like the free damaged windscreen replacement. 2 of them a year!

Hi Everyone,

I'm a proud owner of a brand new IS250 Prestige and this is my first post to these forums. I can't tell you about modding, but I can hopefully share my insurance experience.

I'm 36, live in Sydney's north west and pay $1073 with CommInsure. This was a significantly better deal than Lexus insurance, Allianz or NRMA (all between $1200 and $1400). NRMA wanted to charge me so much, even after a 10% Years of Insurance discount and a 12.5% Multi-Policy discount. Be aware that NRMA is far more agressive in their move into Queensland so, LEX51S, don't expect them to do the "match or beat by 10%" like they did with col in Brisbane.

AAMI also came close to - perhaps even slightly beat - CommInsure's premium, but AAMI doesn't give you a choice of repairer. That means that Lexus genuine parts may not be used. That was a deal-breaker for me.

The main downside of CommInsure is that they don't have a "maximum no-claim discount for life" reward. So I paid an extra $100 or so (included in the $1073) to preserve my maximum no-claim bonus.

I hope this helps most readers. As for LEX51S, I'm not sure if CommInsure will be the cheapest. I created some hypothetical quotes on CommInsure's Website for you. I assumed DOB 1/1/87. Judging by your photo, I guessed 2008 IS250 Prestige, $2k for the non-standard wheels, $8k for the other accessories. I was quoted a premium of about $2200 if you lived in NW Sydney, but $3000 if you lived in Fairfield! NRMA was around $2200 to $2700 depending on location, assuming you had CTP with them too.

A final thought - I have my doubts as to whether companies like youi can help save the average person $$ on car insurance, but maybe they could help you save if you have suburb location and age working against you?

Cheers

Post Script: I now see LEX51S has already sorted out insurance, but I hope someone's found this post useful anyway.

• 2 weeks later...