Hi Everyone,

I'm a proud owner of a brand new IS250 Prestige and this is my first post to these forums. I can't tell you about modding, but I can hopefully share my insurance experience.

I'm 36, live in Sydney's north west and pay $1073 with CommInsure. This was a significantly better deal than Lexus insurance, Allianz or NRMA (all between $1200 and $1400). NRMA wanted to charge me so much, even after a 10% Years of Insurance discount and a 12.5% Multi-Policy discount. Be aware that NRMA is far more agressive in their move into Queensland so, LEX51S, don't expect them to do the "match or beat by 10%" like they did with col in Brisbane.

AAMI also came close to - perhaps even slightly beat - CommInsure's premium, but AAMI doesn't give you a choice of repairer. That means that Lexus genuine parts may not be used. That was a deal-breaker for me.

The main downside of CommInsure is that they don't have a "maximum no-claim discount for life" reward. So I paid an extra $100 or so (included in the $1073) to preserve my maximum no-claim bonus.

I hope this helps most readers. As for LEX51S, I'm not sure if CommInsure will be the cheapest. I created some hypothetical quotes on CommInsure's Website for you. I assumed DOB 1/1/87. Judging by your photo, I guessed 2008 IS250 Prestige, $2k for the non-standard wheels, $8k for the other accessories. I was quoted a premium of about $2200 if you lived in NW Sydney, but $3000 if you lived in Fairfield! NRMA was around $2200 to $2700 depending on location, assuming you had CTP with them too.

A final thought - I have my doubts as to whether companies like youi can help save the average person $ on car insurance, but maybe they could help you save if you have suburb location and age working against you?

Cheers

Post Script: I now see LEX51S has already sorted out insurance, but I hope someone's found this post useful anyway.

Cheers L N. Im with allianz now 1900. excess of 750.

on another note. if i were to put a Cold Air Intake. should i tell my insurance company. and should i state i have aftermarket wheels. apart from not getting them fixed after an accident would there be any other problems.

Cheers L N. Im with allianz now 1900. excess of 750.

on another note. if i were to put a Cold Air Intake. should i tell my insurance company. and should i state i have aftermarket wheels. apart from not getting them fixed after an accident would there be any other problems.

I always think it is better to tell them.

That way they may not increase your premium, then again...., but at least they can't refuse a claim because they weren't told.

• 1 year later...

Wow mines $800 with QBE, I am 21 aswell, so this is phenomanal.

However, mine is through work, and in Townsville so that contributes to it a little bit more

• 2 weeks later...

Renewal notice arrived in the post last week.

AAMI

09/2011 IS350 F Sport - 23 year old - Rating One for life/Gold Status - Agreed Value $82,000

$800.55 incl Windscreen Cover for 12 months cover.

Maximum excess (approx. $2000 in total). With normal excess I think it's around $1300.