I just bought a new Lexus last month in Sydney but still not been given by the salesman up to now. It has been more than a month of wait and I am really upset by them. They initially told me the shipping was rearranged therefore there would be a week delay. I tried to accept their explanation at that point although I was a little bit unhappy. However, as the car arrived in Sydney, they started to tell me due to delay by the delivery guys, they couldn't confirm when they can give me the car. I was trying to argue with them, but they said the delivery was totally depending on the delivery company and they could not control the situation. I'm just wondering is this normal or they are just testing my tolerance. Did anyone have any idea about this or had a similar story before.

hey

well i bought a pre-owned IS250 from Chatswood Lexus, so i got mine basically straight away

but when we got our RX330, when it first came out in 2003, we speical ordered ours

took like 3 months to get delivered

my dad back then just told em after a few calls saying it would be delayed, to just call him when the car is actually at the showroom, and not even a day before, lol

but i think dis-lex-sic would be able to give you more of a clear answer to ur question

I just bought a new Lexus last month in Sydney but still not been given by the salesman up to now. It has been more than a month of wait and I am really upset by them. They initially told me the shipping was rearranged therefore there would be a week delay. I tried to accept their explanation at that point although I was a little bit unhappy. However, as the car arrived in Sydney, they started to tell me due to delay by the delivery guys, they couldn't confirm when they can give me the car. I was trying to argue with them, but they said the delivery was totally depending on the delivery company and they could not control the situation. I'm just wondering is this normal or they are just testing my tolerance. Did anyone have any idea about this or had a similar story before.

Sadly this is a tool that sales people use to get a sale. By saying that the car is arriving sooner than expected creates more interest in purchasing the car quicker. If you knew you had to wait over a month, you may have gone somewhere else.

Just think that when you actually do get the car imagine how much you'll appreciate it.

You will not be disappointed! Enjoy & Welcome :)

Hi.

Just wondering if you have your new car yet?

I too am a new owner (well almost anyways) of an IS250 that I ordered last weekend. I've been told that delivery is expected mid-July though they are trying to source one from another Sydney dealer.

Can't wait!!!