hey guys

havent been on for a while (was in korea)

i was looking into tinting my car (would be my first "mod")

ive been to Tint-A-Car in rosebery and they reccomended i buy the Midnight Express tint

they also said they do all the tinting for Sydney City Lexus (is this true dis-lex-sic??)

i havent got an exact amount but should be around $300~

let me know waht u think

oh and they said that all there tints are 35% just that octane and midnight express LOOK the darkest, but he also said it wasnt worth spending the extra 100$ premium for Octane and told me to just go with midnight express

I've got Midnight Express from Tint a car.

It's not the darkest tint but it's the darkest legal tint.

I've got black interior so it kinda creates an illusion that it's 'darker'.

I was told by the dealer when I bought the car that "Lexus don't recommend tints as there's close clearance between the glass and the seals..." But I did it anyway - I can't own a car without tints especially in summer. Never had a problem and I'm completely satisfied.

Can't remember how much it was but it was definitely <$300

Some of the guys here have darker tints so they may be able to help there if your interested.

I have 20% tint and from memory only paid around $250ish at Solartint at Castle Hill.

I always think the darker the better, but the reverse camera comes in handy at night otherwise you can't see sh1t.

Best to shop around for best price / product.

ive been to Tint-A-Car in rosebery and they reccomended i buy the Midnight Express tint

they also said they do all the tinting for Sydney City Lexus

Yep....really good guys there. Always do good work.

Let me know if you want to get it done with them k2sty1 & I'll get it cheaper for you.

ive got 20%. Fully metallised film, love it. its really dark as jom said the black interior enhances the darkness and on a non sunny day you cant see in.

unlike someone i know with 3%. i heard he has to put his windows down at night to see out. so he doesnt drive his car at night in winter, its too cold!!

i'll contact you soon by PM dis

the guy also said that i cant have metallised tint on the rear window cuz its got the antenna in it, and the metal might interfer with the signal, but all the other windows would be metallised

i'd rather not risk getting 20% tints, just wanna be safe, lol

but 20% does look really good

i also have black interior so it would look kinda darker

and at night should be even better

a little problem came up (money prob) but i should still have enough if i can get em for under 300$

thanks for the feedback

cya at the meet

20% + P Plater = bad police attention and unsafe at night. Do it legally and save yourself many headaches.

They are correct about the rear window too. Metallic tint will degrade radio reception.

Black interior IS250s seem to look like they already have tint (well, mine does) so it will look very dark even at 30%.

i cant tell the diff in radio reception. its still clear as. and the antenna looks out of the car and the tint is inside the car. not like its gonna block reception.

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

i went to tint-a car today and i got a price of 295 for the midnight express or 450 for the Bolle stuff..

i m told that the midnight express may(will) block am reception. I do listen to AM (i am not that old :),

to those that have the midnight express, do you find this to be true? is your AM reception working?

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

ive got 20%. Fully metallised film

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

i cant tell the diff in radio reception. its still clear as. and the antenna looks out of the car and the tint is inside the car. not like its gonna block reception.

all thogh i cant speak about midnight express. but i cant see why it would.

Edited by LEX51S

I got Midnight Express for around $300 and had no issues. No issues with AM reception and no issues with clearance. Just make sure they push out all the bubbles and blemishes before you pay for the job.

PS if you're a Qantas frequent flyer you can earn points from Tint a Car

The titanium layer in the tint can disturb the reception.

You can get metal-less tints, but they do not last very long and end up looking a purple colour after a couple of years.

lol, pretty old topic

i got LED IS-F tails instead of tints (around the same price)

might wait till my greens or full license so i can get 20% or darker tint

red p's are too much of a cop magnet to do a darker tint

The titanium layer in the tint can disturb the reception.

You can get metal-less tints, but they do not last very long and end up looking a purple colour after a couple of years.

titanium!?!? But. Hmmm. Electronically minded i still dont believe it or seen the proof. Have you seen this proof simon. I think this is one for mythbusters!! If it were infront of the antenna yes i would be more convinced. But a metal siting under the antenna. ?? Not like its touching both parties are insulated. ??

Nope, haven't actually seen it, so it's just hearsay I guess. I do know that the rear window tint on my Soarer was done in non-metallic because the antenna setup is the same as the IS. I never heard a before/after so I have no idea to the validity of the claims.

Yep, I had a think about it, and realise that the tint is "under" the antenna so shouldn't affect it, and yes it's insulated with a plastic layer. :shrug:

• 3 months later...

Silver mirror tints. Look good when done right. They also get a defect strait away.

Go 20%.

Less is hard to see at night. More is not so good lookin. IMO. 20% is perfect

• 11 months later...