Hey ,

I bought a Lexus IS250 last year and I optioned a set of OEM 18'' Alloys with Falken tyres. It is quite slow off the 'line' and is alot slower than both the car we testdrove (17') and our friend's IS (16') . Is there anything I can do other than get new tyres to make it a bit quicker. Whatis the most cost effective way to improve power/torque ? All replies appreciated

Thanks

Firmin

Hey ,

I bought a Lexus IS250 last year and I optioned a set of OEM 18'' Alloys with Falken tyres. It is quite slow off the 'line' and is alot slower than both the car we testdrove (17') and our friend's IS (16') . Is there anything I can do other than get new tyres to make it a bit quicker. Whatis the most cost effective way to improve power/torque ? All replies appreciated

Thanks

Firmin

The more grip you have the quicker it will be as there is no wheel spin. Also your 18's are wider then 16's. It will feel slower but shouldnt be. Its a mental illusion because no wheel spin. Lol you post defies the purpose of good tires. Never known someone to want worse tires.

Using a smaller overall diameter tyre will improve acceleration but decrease top speed. It will also throw your speedo out, but will achieve what you're after without buying new wheels.

The 18" wheels probably weigh more than 16s/17s, so would have a tiny effect on acceleration also.

Is the car a Prestige? I remember when i put on 18s, felt weird and slow at first but i soon forgot how it rides like on 16s once i dropped the car. Dropping the car has other benefits too ...unless you get Works or expensive light weight wheels, going bigger will almost always be slower.

i dont think there is a real CAI kit for sale for the is250, only short ram

so basically the pod sits in the engine bay, the best you can do is get some sort of heat shield made

i have a fujita short ram for sale in the for sale forum, check it out

and its very easy to install

i dont think there is a real CAI kit for sale for the is250, only short ram

so basically the pod sits in the engine bay, the best you can do is get some sort of heat shield made

i have a fujita short ram for sale in the for sale forum, check it out

and its very easy to install

well mine is a box

only uses the stock engine bay cover to make it a complete box