Looking in earnest for a 2001/2 ES300. Can anyone give me some clues as to what to look for? Is there anything with these cars I should be careful about? The next car I will look at is a private sale so I will have to be a bit more careful. Are there any common faults with this particular model? Also is there a site I can go to to get a deciphering of the ES300 VIN numbers ??

• 3 months later...

Hi TonyR, my name Is Tom, I live in WA and I am in exactly the same position as you,

looking for an 02 ES 300,I have not owned a lexus but it always was a car a thought one

day I might buy, my problem is I dont even know how to find the replies that are sent to

you or even if I can,so I would be grateful for any help.

Regards tom

Hi Tony, its Tom again, the car i'm looking at has 145k on the clock but is supposed to be in

immaculate condition all around,there are no other ES300s around in WA at the moment but do you

think $15500 is a bit steep?

Also have you got any other info, re the car that you have picked up from mates etc, I have only

been considering an ES 300 since last week!, so I know very little but I will

send you some when I get to see it at the weekend.

Regards Tom

• 1 month later...

Hi Tony, its Tom again, the car i'm looking at has 145k on the clock but is supposed to be in

immaculate condition all around,there are no other ES300s around in WA at the moment but do you

think $15500 is a bit steep?

Also have you got any other info, re the car that you have picked up from mates etc, I have only

been considering an ES 300 since last week!, so I know very little but I will

send you some when I get to see it at the weekend.

Regards Tom

Sight unseen it is not easy to be sure if you are getting a could deal. For me even seeing a car that I am hoping to buy is not enough, In my recent purchase I decided to use an independent assessor for the car and feel it was worthwhile. I live in regional NSW so depended on the them to check it over for me.

I purchased a 2003 model ES300 from a used car dealer in Sydney $19,900. It is in very nice condition inside, outside and underneath. Just below 100,000km on the clock. I have been driving it for 2 months now and is a very comfy ride everything works just like it came out of the factory. I have mostly bought cars new over the past 20+ years and when I look at what I have for the money I can smile at my friends and their new korean kars feeling pretty sure this Lexus will be looking a better buy not just now but over the next few years.

• 1 month later...

Looking in earnest for a 2001/2 ES300. Can anyone give me some clues as to what to look for? Is there anything with these cars I should be careful about? The next car I will look at is a private sale so I will have to be a bit more careful. Are there any common faults with this particular model? Also is there a site I can go to to get a deciphering of the ES300 VIN numbers ??

Hi

Tony this is jai when you looking for es300 just make sure car has service history, do REVs Check & if possible do machenical check. they are very good & reliable cars. normally you wouldn't have any problem. best value for money.