Best Car Insurance For Your Is250

You'd be suprised how many by default have the exlusion "no under 25 year-old drivers will be covered under this policy" on the first page of online apps.

Looked at a couple of insurers and I'm leaning towards NRMA atm. Pretty flexible in the sense that you can +/- insured value as well as +/- excess paid which adjusts your premium accordingly. It covers all drivers, you just pay an extra 1600 on top of the excess as an age penalty. In addition to this my mums got a couple of policies with them so it gives a disc. Price is 1500 p.a for standard market value and excess.

thanks guys

Looked at a couple of insurers and I'm leaning towards NRMA atm. ... my mums got a couple of policies with them so it gives a disc.

I assume your mum's got at least one other car insured with NRMA (otherwise, she wouldn't have been entitled to the multi-policy discount prior to your acquiring the IS 250). If you don't drive the other car, one way to even lower your overall costs is:

1. Get the NRMA policy transferred from the other car to the IS 250. The policy number should remain the same, so you will be still entitled to the years of insurance discount.

2. Search for the best quote available for insuring the other car. It no longer needs to be NRMA in order to keep the discounts on the home and contents insurance, and the premium can be lower if you don't drive the other car.

Looked at a couple of insurers and I'm leaning towards NRMA atm. ... my mums got a couple of policies with them so it gives a disc.
I assume your mum's got at least one other car insured with NRMA (otherwise, she wouldn't have been entitled to the multi-policy discount prior to your acquiring the IS 250). If you don't drive the other car, one way to even lower your overall costs is:1. Get the NRMA policy transferred from the other car to the IS 250. The policy number should remain the same, so you will be still entitled to the years of insurance discount.2. Search for the best quote available for insuring the other car. It no longer needs to be NRMA in order to keep the discounts on the home and contents insurance, and the premium can be lower if you don't drive the other car.

Ye nah the other car is her actual car. having said that though I could find her a better deal anyway bearing in mind that she is the sole driver on that car.

• 2 weeks later...

For personal reasons the car must be under my mothers name

:D Who's been a naughty boy then huh?? ;)

NRMA is the way to go.

From memory you only need to be listed on your "mum's" policy if you drive the car more than 12 times a year.

So that's 12 crashes & claims before you run out of chances. The excess will hurt though.