Has anyone noticed the footwell lights actually dim down when take the gear out of "Park"?

The little things Lexus put in without mentioning in the brochure :)

On another note, I had to replace my centre air vents which my niece damaged one of them over the weekend.

They don't come cheap either for what they are & you have to replace both of them as a set. $370 from Lexus - $330 from Toyota (Same part number even though it's a Lexus part number)...Go figure???

After ringing several Sydney Lexus dealers the prices differ by up to ~$70

I wish I could turn the footwell ones off completely whilst the car is in motion without dimming the dash. Irritates the hell out of me. I don't need to see my feet in the dark while driving. Too distracting.

I wish I could turn the footwell ones off completely whilst the car is in motion without dimming the dash. Irritates the hell out of me. I don't need to see my feet in the dark while driving. Too distracting.

The Owner's Manual suggests that your Lexus dealer can configure the car so that the footwell lights don't turn on. But wouldn't removing the bulbs have the same effect? laugh.gif

So Atlantis, here's my second hare-brained, untested amateur electronics idea for you: How about placing a Zener diode in series with the light circuit, so that the light only turns on when enough voltage passes through it - that is, when the vehicle isn't in Park?

The Owner's Manual suggests that your Lexus dealer can configure the car so that the footwell lights don't turn on. But wouldn't removing the bulbs have the same effect? laugh.gif

So Atlantis, here's my second hare-brained, untested amateur electronics idea for you: How about placing a Zener diode in series with the light circuit, so that the light only turns on when enough voltage passes through it - that is, when the vehicle isn't in Park?

Simple yet smart. Good thinking LN. Alot simpler to take to lexus tho lol