im gonna need new brake pads (car has 37,000km's)

Brake pads at 37km? Really. Did they suggest that to you or do you actually ride your brakes hard? I just had 45km service done and still didn't need replacing. Probably will at 60km.

Just think guys, most other car dealers make you pay for a loner. A free IS250 loner car isn't too bad. Sure they miss out on the Nav and other little luxuries, but better than the rest.

I actually got the new RX350 last service, which was great because I really wanted to drive one. I was impressed with the power and overall performance, but just way too big for what I need. I loved getting back in the IS. Yes, it really does make you appreciate it.

oh god, i dont want a basic IS, LOLOL

atleast we can thrash it right? hahaha

I doubt they'd have an ISF or a 250C as a loner for this reason.

i go cruising with my friends nearly every weekend and alot of spirited driving (thourhg bobin head and McCarrs Creek)

and, na they dint suggest it, but its nearly metal on metal, so i should get it replaced this service rather than wait for the next one

when i was getting new tyres, the guys there also told me i need new pads soon

oh, and yeh, getting a free loaner is heaps good, even if it is a no option IS250, better than walking/public transport aye

oh, and yeh, getting a free loaner is heaps good, even if it is a no option IS250, better than walking/public transport aye

Definitely. I wasn't complaining...just commenting. Still exactly the same to drive...really nice.

HAHAHAHA

i should request a IS-F, they already gimme looks with i roll in with the red p's, LOL

i saw another green p plater when i went to the service centre in roseville 2 days ago, hahahaha, i was like OMG, another p plater!! WOOOT!!

oh and the matte black vinyl'd IS-F was there again, lol

didn't your parents pay for yours?

what's the point, it's just a is250 lol

I got my 45k service done awhile ago, just a basic oils and filters and wipers from memory for $400. they detailed my car etc and gave me a brand spanking new is250 sports for the day with only 1400ks on the clock. i was like wtf, for a paddle shift auto it went pretty dam quick. i had quite alot of fun ;)

I got my 45k service done awhile ago, just a basic oils and filters and wipers from memory for $400. they detailed my car etc and gave me a brand spanking new is250 sports for the day with only 1400ks on the clock. i was like wtf, for a paddle shift auto it went pretty dam quick. i had quite alot of fun ;)

Same motor, same gearbox... should go exactly the same as yours.

just got the car back from service today after school

they had the car cleaned pretty nice

it was the 45,000km service and cost 400$ from chatswood lexus

also i told them about the driver side mirror sometimes not tilting down in reverse and if it does, it goes back to a higher position

they ordered the new parts for both the mirrors under warranty

and they're also fixing the cam gear noise under warranty

forgot to tell them about the sunroof rattling, but gonna tell them when they take the car again to fix the mirror nd cam gear noise

also, they gave me a Prestige in "baby blue" dunno the real name for the colour

had nav and sunroof, it was the face lifted one, but it had the 16" rims, i thought the facelifted ones came with 17's stock, but i guess i was wrong, lol

well, basically had a good experience with chatswood/roseville lexus, like we have before with our older Lexus' before

very satisfied

also, just noticed it cost alot less than the price guide dis-lex-sic posted, so happy bout that aswell

just got the car back from service today after school

they had the car cleaned pretty nice

it was the 45,000km service and cost 400$ from chatswood lexus

also i told them about the driver side mirror sometimes not tilting down in reverse and if it does, it goes back to a higher position

they ordered the new parts for both the mirrors under warranty

and they're also fixing the cam gear noise under warranty

forgot to tell them about the sunroof rattling, but gonna tell them when they take the car again to fix the mirror nd cam gear noise

had nav and sunroof, it was the face lifted one, but it had the 16" rims, i thought the facelifted ones came with 17's stock, but i guess i was wrong, lol

well, basically had a good experience with chatswood/roseville lexus, like we have before with our older Lexus' before

very satisfied

also, just noticed it cost alot less than the price guide dis-lex-sic posted, so happy bout that aswell

That's Cheap..!!

Did you tell them about the CamGear Noise problem.. or did they figure it them self..?? and offer it to you??

mine's an '06 model.. and my warranty's coming up..

still wondering if I should get the 3 year extended warranty...

I'm gonna have my first 30K service monday next week..

hopefully they won't cost too much..

btw,

currently my brake is giving a screetching sound... everytime I brakes...

might need to change the brake pads??

are they gonna offer me a low dust brake pads, you reckon??

well, when i took the car in, they asked if i wanted them to check anything in particular, so i told them i get a diesel noise sometimes on start up, and that its been discussed on the forums i go on as a cam gear noise, and they knew straight away and told me they'll get that fixed, also told them about the mirrors and they said, yeh well thats under warranty aswell

really nice guys at chatswood!!

i also had my brake pads replaced, (paid on top of the 400, 400 was just for the service)

have a look at your pads first to see if theres still materiel left

also, have a look at getting NON OEM pads, i only got the OEM pads, because my mum didnt trust me getting other ones (although she paid for the brakes, and i paid for the service) i told her i would get other pads for cheaper, but she just said to replace them there so i told them about that aswell

if your getting the cam gear noise, or any other problems, i would seriously get them fixed ASAP on warranty, can personally i will be getting extended warranty, just to have that "safer" feeling, and lexus will charge u an arm nd a leg for anything outside of warranty

haha, also, there was a sick red IS250 with some 20" rims on it at the service centre when i went to pick up the car, looks sick!!!

I've had a "baby blue" loaner from Lexus of Chatswood, too! It also had 16" rims ... I can only guess that they swapped the wheels to reduce tyre wear and replacement cost. I'm pretty sure mine wasn't a Prestige, though, because it had the ML audio system, and there's a very noticeable difference in sound quality to the system in my Prestige *envy*

Mind you, I didn't sit in the car as long as I would have liked to appreciate the sound ... the odour inside was almost as bad as in a taxi. If you did actually use the same car as I did, k2sty1, I assure you the smell was there before I loaned the vehicle ...

Just got my car back from its 60,000km service at Lexus of Perth - great service; picked it up from the office in the morning and I was fortunate enough to be driving the loan car ('09 Prestige with EMV and a lot of hailstone damage!) when the call came in saying the service was done. Dropped off the loan car and hopped back into my cleaned and serviced vehicle - all within the span of 6hrs, now that's efficient!

Noticed the '09 nav system was a lot more responsive than my '07 version but no biggie.

Felt sorry that the severe hailstorm back in March damaged around 120 of their cars; kind of was hoping to test drive the RX350 but also received a call from them during the day to say that the IS350's are just about to be launched!

Keen as mustard!

Just got my car back from its 60,000km service at Lexus of Perth - great service; picked it up from the office in the morning and I was fortunate enough to be driving the loan car ('09 Prestige with EMV and a lot of hailstone damage!) when the call came in saying the service was done. Dropped off the loan car and hopped back into my cleaned and serviced vehicle - all within the span of 6hrs, now that's efficient!

Noticed the '09 nav system was a lot more responsive than my '07 version but no biggie.

Felt sorry that the severe hailstorm back in March damaged around 120 of their cars; kind of was hoping to test drive the RX350 but also received a call from them during the day to say that the IS350's are just about to be launched!

Keen as mustard!

cost?I just paid $600 for it.

cant u option ML on prestiges??

On the facelifted Prestige models, the ML is only avilable with the F-Sport, which Lexus defines as a Prestige "option package" rather than a separate grade ... a $12,500 addition on a brand new car (plus LCT and GST).

cost?I just paid $600 for it.

No cost - still covered under the 3 or 4-year new car warranty. (Will have to check the paperwork to find out how far it goes!) :D

Huh? The standard care package only gives you the 15K service for free, not the 60K service. You must have obtained a bonus service offer (like what they're offering right now on new Lexuses).

Huh? The standard care package only gives you the 15K service for free, not the 60K service. You must have obtained a bonus service offer (like what they're offering right now on new Lexuses).

Yep just checked the contract - had 3yrs/60k service so this was the last freebie.

Yep just checked the contract - had 3yrs/60k service so this was the last freebie.

Bonus!!!

Okay.. just got a phone call from Justin from LExus Service centre @ Chatswood..

They quoted me $730 for the 45Km Service

+ Air Con filter Cleaning up??? $295,-

+ Fuel Injection something.. +Carbon build up clean up.. $195

So total $1200- $1300.

is that normal..??

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car serviced by Lexus of Chatswood.. great service..

ended up paying $790 for

- Carbon Cleaning for the engine $190

- Service around $600

they washed my car and got a Trashed '08 IS250 without any optional..

and booked the week after for fixing the Cam Gear Noise..( said that they going to need my car for 2 days??)

A week after.. drop my car @ the service centre.. and got a spanking dirty '09 "RX350"..

but it was really enjoyable.. driving the RX for 2 days.. (kept it overnite..)

LOL

return the RX..(hoping they gonna said.. just keep the car..) and was given a chocolate & they clean my car again..

=)

Overall..great experience..!!