I'm using Autoglym wheel sealant on mine.. it doesn't repel, but it makes it easier to hose off. Seems to stay on for quite a long time, so far about 2 months and it still has a healthy coat of sealant on the rim.

hi guys,

a weird question..

my car stink of rotten egg after a hard acceleration then braking. I think it's the smell of the brake, anyone experience this?

it only happen if i slam the accelerator pedal then hard breaking.. weird..

Its the oem resonator. only way to get rid of it is to replace it with after market or delete it.

although mine isnt as bad now after giving it a bit quite often.

Its the oem resonator. only way to get rid of it is to replace it with after market or delete it.

although mine isnt as bad now after giving it a bit quite often.

wow really? why is that?

anyway you mean remove it? does it make any difference if i remove it?

Its part of your exhaust in the mid pipes. Removing it will creat a raspier more agressive sound at higher revs.

On ebay you can buy new midpipes with resonator delete.

I thought the rotten-egg smell had to do with this:

http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/199/TSIB+EG001-03+%28All+Models%29%3A++Sulfur+Odor+From+Exhaust

I have the same problem too, and I generally don't drive all that hard. I checked out the technical information on various fuels and found that BP Ultimate and Shell V-Power have relatively low sulphur content, whereas lower-octane fuels such as Shell Unleaded 95 have higher sulphur content. I figured that, since most of the enthusiasts here like to use good-quality 98-octane fuel - and I haven't previously seen the issue raised on this forum - the cause of the problem is as per the TSB, i.e., it's related to the fuel I use. I'm interested to know more about the theory of the problem being related to the resonator ...

Ive always used 98 ron mostly bp and ocassionally shell vpower and never noticed any difference.

What i dont get with your theory LN is why is it smelt after you turn the car off. Or maybe there is two smells that people are tlking about. ??

Ive never smelt anything apart from normal fumes with the car running. Only after i park it after spirited driving.

What i dont get with your theory LN is why is it smelt after you turn the car off ...

I don't notice it while driving either. That leads to a number of possibilities:

- Maybe the problem does have to do with hard driving, and that's what I'm doing.

- Maybe we are talking about two different issues and causes, and the rotten egg smell is always there for me, but I never notice until I leave the car, because I don't wind my windows down (and I don't have a moonroof).

- Maybe both causes are requried for the one issue to occur: perhaps it's a an alternation of fuel-lean and fuel-rich driving on high-sulphur fuel. The fuel burns rich not only on acceleration, but at low speeds whilst parking; hence the problem being noticed just after getting out of the car.

i DO get it while driving, only rarely tho, and i have to have my window open to notice it

to me i swear it happens randomly, sometimes if i accelerate hard, i get the smell, sometimes i dont (does it have to do with cold starts?? or the weather?)

I thought the rotten-egg smell had to do with this:

http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/199/TSIB+EG001-03+%28All+Models%29%3A++Sulfur+Odor+From+Exhaust

I have the same problem too, and I generally don't drive all that hard. I checked out the technical information on various fuels and found that BP Ultimate and Shell V-Power have relatively low sulphur content, whereas lower-octane fuels such as Shell Unleaded 95 have higher sulphur content. I figured that, since most of the enthusiasts here like to use good-quality 98-octane fuel - and I haven't previously seen the issue raised on this forum - the cause of the problem is as per the TSB, i.e., it's related to the fuel I use. I'm interested to know more about the theory of the problem being related to the resonator ...

I've had other cars which used 95/98RON and never got had this smell not even once. I'm leaning towards the resonator as the others have mentioned.

I too get it with sprinted driving - I have also noticed if you suddenly let off the accellerator when it's about to change gear it also happens.

I hate it when you have passengers and you have to tell them it's the car and not YOU who let one rip :(

yeh, lol, new mid pipes should fix it right??

but the Invidia's dont have 2nd cats, and dont u need that? or u get fined? :S

im leaning more to Megan ones now, lol

yeh, i started using only V power, since around July and the smells gone down, but it still happens sometimes

May this have something to do with the life of the brake pads - 40km???? :lol: