2007 Is 250 Cd-Rw / Cd-R Problems?

Finally picked up a 2007 IS 250 Sports Luxury today. Fantastic ride and loving it especially the sound proofing.

Previously my 2005 RX330 had problems playing CD-R's. The problem got so bad that it in the end, it flashed an error message and we couldn't get the disc out!! Since then, I've never put in another CD-R.

According to the car manual, the IS250 is ok to play CD-R and CD-RW's. However I'm a bit worried after my previous experience.

Question: Has anyone experienced or heard of a 2007 IS250 user having problems with CD-R CD-RW's?

All I need to see is "I've had no problems at all" or "if you get an error message, it's covered by Lexus warranty"

Thanks!

havent heard of problems with CD-R's, but i also had the same problem with our old '03 RX330

ours also got so bad, i couldnt even listen to CD's in the car, and lexus wanted 700$ to replace it, lol (out of warranty)

but with our new IS250, i've been happily listening to CD's and with the AUX connection, i have my itouch plugged in most of the time

oh, and congrats on the ride man, your not gonna regret it, lol

but with our new IS250, i've been happily listening to CD's and with the AUX connection, i have my itouch plugged in most of the time

oh, and congrats on the ride man, your not gonna regret it, lol

When you said "CD's" is that both CD-R and CD-RW??

Yeah with the AUX connection, I just figured it's cheaper to buy a MP3 player that and plug it in. A lot cheaper than paying Lexus $700 to fix the problem!! Was gonna do that depending on the response I got here.

Thanks for the reply! Appreciated!

well the CD's i have are CD-R and they are working fine, both Music Disc and Data Disc (my data one has 100+ songs on it)

but IMO, its easier to scroll through the songs on my itouch, and it is on the CD, cuz if your moving, u have to go one by one

honestly, i would just invest a little into a decent MP3 player and AUX cable and keep it in the car all the time, except when u have to charge it/put new songs on

i have my Cowon S9 16gb nearly 100% plugged in the car, the battery is amazing and will last me nearly a whole week of continues play in the car, the itouch i need to charge everynight, lol