Is300 Headunit Lights

Hey guys

Just picked up an IS300 today, and I have one simple question. Are all the buttons on the headunit suppose to light up? Cause at night mine dont light up and I cant see nothing. The only place that is lit up is the LCD screen. Is it abit strange that ALL the lights would go out if they are suppose to be on.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah another is300 owner in Brisbane, any pics?

If you're talking about the speedometer, did you try adjusting the brightness by turning the circular knob to the left of the steering wheel?

If you're talking about the stereo and place where the time is displayed, then no, not all the thingys light up.

Let me know how it goes :)

If you're talking about the speedometer, did you try adjusting the brightness by turning the circular knob to the left of the steering wheel?

If you're talking about the stereo and place where the time is displayed, then no, not all the thingys light up.

Yes i just picked mine up and its DEAD stock... so pointless posting pictures. Im talking about the stereo headunit. The only thing that lights up is the LCD screen, thats it! What lights up on your haedunit?

IM on the southside by the way. Any mods to yours?

Yes i just picked mine up and its DEAD stock... so pointless posting pictures. Im talking about the stereo headunit. The only thing that lights up is the LCD screen, thats it! What lights up on your haedunit?

IM on the southside by the way. Any mods to yours?

I've got an after market grill, got some headers and y-pipe and hopefully getting some coil-overs soon, then probably a nice exhaust. I've had mine for a few months now but I've had to save up for other things. I'm southside as well!

What do you have planned?

Yeah, actually, when you turn on the headlights the stereo headunit should light up. Does everything else work? I.e central locking, dome light, map light? If they don't it might be blown fuse.

I have thought about putting a grill on mine but just weighing up the options. i dont want to touch it too much. Been in this modifying game long enough to know it all starts with a small mod! hehe I was just thinking of an airfilter for some roar and coilovers to drop the rear. i hate how it looks like its much higher then the front. And thats about it. And clear fog lights too.

All my other lights work, just the headunit it off. I guess I just have a busted headunit. I checked the radio fuse but I guess ill have another look at all of them again.

I have thought about putting a grill on mine but just weighing up the options. i dont want to touch it too much. Been in this modifying game long enough to know it all starts with a small mod! hehe I was just thinking of an airfilter for some roar and coilovers to drop the rear. i hate how it looks like its much higher then the front. And thats about it. And clear fog lights too.

All my other lights work, just the headunit it off. I guess I just have a busted headunit. I checked the radio fuse but I guess ill have another look at all of them again.

If you want to open the headunit up and check the bulbs this should give you a headstart:

http://my.is/forums/f90/how-change-climate-control-center-console-leds-pics-360155/

• 3 months later...