okay cevu had this problem before on here but his car was fixed underwarranty

usually aftermarket HID ballast is to blame

passenger side has limited space so people place the ballast on between the 2 covers on the passenger sides

but infact those covers are for the ECU (Electronic steering) and the high Electro magnetic frequency that car burn the ecu.

but thats case 1

but in your case

id say if there is no leak

it's linked with electronics on the steering

did the car have any check VSC light coming up on the dash ?

okay cevu had this problem before on here but his car was fixed underwarranty

usually aftermarket HID ballast is to blame

passenger side has limited space so people place the ballast on between the 2 covers on the passenger sides

but infact those covers are for the ECU (Electronic steering) and the high Electro magnetic frequency that car burn the ecu.

but thats case 1

but in your case

id say if there is no leak

it's linked with electronics on the steering

did the car have any check VSC light coming up on the dash ?

i had that problem fixed under warranty and i do have aftermarket hids.

it was towed to lexus and i expressed my concern which was the same as yours regarding high speed. i was assured it was a known problem and it was onlyt at low speed.

i didnt bother hearing the explanation as they were going to fix it with no hesitation and thats all i cared about.

my hid kit is still mounted in the same place and has been there for the last 2+ years without a drama.

but yeah, its very scary when it happened not to mention inconvenient and embarrassing. i had just washed the car and waxed it so it was super shiny. than 1 hour later it dies in the middle of king st newtown and its on the back of a tow truck. very very embarassing.

Lexus have told me that the Computer is gone and they will replace it hopefully under warranty at least for parts if not labour. My car has now done 66000 kilometres I hope this is not when they start giving trouble as it has been great up to now.

Another issue is that the aircond is not strong on feet when in the lower mode for heating or zircon, I can still feel heat around the centre vents hoping they can fix this as well.

Steve

Lexus have told me that the Computer is gone and they will replace it hopefully under warranty at least for parts if not labour. My car has now done 66000 kilometres I hope this is not when they start giving trouble as it has been great up to now.

Another issue is that the aircond is not strong on feet when in the lower mode for heating or zircon, I can still feel heat around the centre vents hoping they can fix this as well.

Steve

since ive had mine fixed over a year ago i've had no problems.

• 3 years later...

Hi, i've had this problem come up a few months ago on my IS250 Sports Luxury.

The VSC lights came up on in April 2013. This caused the car to go into what Ive been told is a 'safe mode' in which the car would not rev past a certain point. I had the AF and O2 sensors replaced on 2 different dates which solved the VSC light issue.

However, During this time the VSC lights were still on, the PS light came on. The power steering failed, and no amount of restarts would fix it. I had to get it towed. The problem continues to appear. Restarting the car may help, but unplugging the battery seems to clear the power steering fault for a few weeks or so. The time before it would fail has progressively become shorter.

SC Lexus have advised that a new steering rack is the way to go. They've quoted me $9.5K. My car has only just come out of extended warranty but Lexus will not replace it under warranty. As this is about a third of the car's current market price, I'm looking at aftermarket options. Does anyone have any ideas?

Is the AF/O2 sensors connected to the power steering in anyway, or was it pure coincidence?

I understand my car has had the power steering rack recall already applied.