Hi Guy's,

I am due for some new tyres on the front. I was told to try the Sumitomo HTRZ-III. They are 290 each for the front, compared to the Dunlop Sports Maxx which I have now which are 450 each. I don't need to replace the rear at the moment so I am not sure if I should mix ??

Also has anyone tried these Sumitomo tyres?

I have the same alloys as the X Series so I have wider tyres at the back and Sumitomo have the rears for 360 compared with Dunlop which is 650.

Considering the cost and the reviews I am thinking it looks like a good deal compared to paying top $$$ for the Dunlop.

Any advice or suggestions from your experieince?

Thanks all :)

i got Yoko A Drive something

nice and cheap at 210 each for the fronts (225/40/18, same as yours)

got crappy little nankangs on the rear for now (i know i'll burn through them soon anyway, 200$ each)

i don't have them but when i was doing my tyres they came highly recommended for the price. its a cost effective option without being sh*t from what i was told but no personal experience though!

Hey Danny,

How's the Kumho Tyres?

I need a back tyres replacement for my 18" sports wheels..

do u have any suggestion?

or should I go for a GoodYear F1 like Justin..

What did you have on your 18" sports wheels before?

Cheers,

Mario

I've recently fitted Kumho KU31s in a 19" size, they're still wearing in but initial thoughts are that the sidewalls aren't as stiff as the OEM Dunlops, however that being said, they don't feel as nimble as the OEM kit.

i had that problem upping the tire pressure will help alot

I've recently fitted Kumho KU31s in a 19" size, they're still wearing in but initial thoughts are that the sidewalls aren't as stiff as the OEM Dunlops, however that being said, they don't feel as nimble as the OEM kit.

i had that problem upping the tire pressure will help alot

Thanks.. I'm running 39 front 37 rear, might bump it another pound or two and see how it feels.

Got the Sumitomo's today guys !

So far drives fine, a bit more noise than the Dunlop Sport's Max's. I also noticed the Sumitomo's don't have the nice wide rim protect rubber the Dunlop's had! This is annoying a I don't want to kerb my rim's. Ahh well let's see how we go.

• 2 months later...

I too am planning to get two fronts either the sumitomo z3, or kumho ku39. How do you rate the sumis 3 months on and after a few kms? Price point is right (also from tyre factory) and they should be relatively quiet. Thanks for the info.

They seem fine to me. As another poster pointed out though, there is no rim protection! I didn't think of that when buying them and would have probably bought something else.