Hi All,

Well this is my first post on here. I have just purchased a 07 sports luxury, crystal mist, used and with 20000k's. I am really happy with the car. It almost thinks for you. Previously I owned a 05 subaru liberty 3.0r and was happy with that but it was getting a bit long in the tooth!

One thing that does annoy me about this car is when I reverse and the camera goes on, after i come out of reverse, the screen stays with the Nav. Is there a setting I need to change to get it to revert back to the screen it was on before i selected reverse or is this the way it is. The same thing sort of happens when I use the Bluetooth.

Cheers all and thanks for allowing me to be a part of your community

Cecil

Welcome and congrats on the purchase.

Not sure if this will fix the screen it goes back to after reverse, I believe this must be a default setting. But there is an option in the screen settings to have the screen switch back to the Nav in any mode (audio, climate etc) after a certain amount of time. You can also switch this off.

hey dude

nice move

i own a 05 Liberty gt as well those 3.0R sound awsome with an exhaust on!!

anyhow the nav screen is liveable problem it's no biggie just a default setting

wat state you located in?

we got a quaterly meet coming up soon if your in sydney

hey dude

nice move

i own a 05 Liberty gt as well those 3.0R sound awsome with an exhaust on!!

anyhow the nav screen is liveable problem it's no biggie just a default setting

wat state you located in?

we got a quaterly meet coming up soon if your in sydney

Im in Canberra and before you ask, Im not one of them, haha

I still have my Liberty and it has a zorst. I got it from Hitech. Fantastic note especially in the upper ranges.

Cheers

Darren

post-4581-032679900 1288143797_thumb.jpg

I must say that i am real impressed with the amount of time that they have put into designing the car. So many things that aren't so much gadgets but useful features that make the driving experience so much nicer. i thought the liberty was quality, this lexus is a step up again. Looking forward to many years of happy motoring.

Cecil

There is a documented way to configure the ability to automatically switch back to the navigation system after 20 seconds if, while using the nav system, you want to adjust climate or audio controls. But that's the only configurable setting, and that's not what you're looking to adjust.

What you're experiencing doesn't seem to be right. Both old and new versions of the Navigation System Owner's Manual state that, if you move out of reverse gear, "the screen returns to the previous screen." That "previous screen" might be the climate, phone, audio or some other screen. If, after shifting out of reverse, the only screen it switches to is the map (navigation) screen, there is something wrong.

I know this is probable a ridiculous question but can you tell me the page where it says that?

(edit, ive found it. it was on page 222)

Can members let me know, when they go into reverse and the rear camera goes on, when they come out of reverse, what screen does it go to?

Cheers

Cecil

• 2 years later...

I know this is a very old thread, but after I updated the maps on my 08 Sports Luxury, it is doing the same thing as your one Cecil. After reverse it is defaulting to the sat nav screen instead of returning to the previous screen. If anyone can let me know if there is a setting to change for this it would be great.

Btw - I updated the maps myself, so it wasn't official from the dealer if that makes a difference... Thanks!

Don't think that "official" maps make any difference - I've uploaded V17 myself and don't get this problem - the only thing that comes to mind is to check if your satnav maps are for Toyotas/Lexus or for another vehicle.

Have you tried contacting your nearest Lexus service department? They're usually very knowledgeable and helpful.

Subhash