hey fellas few of the boys on the forum are meeting up 2nite for some fotos and drive

well be mobile most of the time so

if u guys wanna join us call me

mostly in the botany area for some great shots

c u guys there

You guys are crazy. Justin your a bad influence. They all sound pretty good now but i think danny's is nice mix of sounds for spirited AND normal driving tho.

Was heaps of fun though, gotta do it again sometime - your exhaust if FKN HECTIC lol.

I wish i could say the same about the exhaust from inside the car.

to stop the "normal" driving drone i either have to put stock midpipes back on, or spend 400 bucks on a cross over exhaust in the mid pipes. or drive with revs always over 2500 rpm.

LEX51S would be keen to hear how you go with your exhaust.

I've just added some Magnaflow universal cans with 4" tips and this setup is borderline for noise some of the time - really just under load (eg. up hill from a stop) in either 1st or 2nd and between 2500-2900 rpm. Outside of these conditions and with the F Sport intake the sound is pretty handy - has certainly impressed work buddies I've had along for rides occasionally.

Was the crossover in the midpipe recommended by an exhaust shop? Would be keen to do the same but at $400 would want to be sure it would actually knock the rough edges off.

Lol no you're crazy man :lol:

Was heaps of fun though, gotta do it again sometime - your exhaust if FKN HECTIC lol.

although next time i think we all need to revise the definition of a cruise before we start lol...... especially u chris ;-)hahahahha

LEX51S would be keen to hear how you go with your exhaust.

I've just added some Magnaflow universal cans with 4" tips and this setup is borderline for noise some of the time - really just under load (eg. up hill from a stop) in either 1st or 2nd and between 2500-2900 rpm. Outside of these conditions and with the F Sport intake the sound is pretty handy - has certainly impressed work buddies I've had along for rides occasionally.

Was the crossover in the midpipe recommended by an exhaust shop? Would be keen to do the same but at $400 would want to be sure it would actually knock the rough edges off.

hey, are the Magnaflows you put on, jst cannons??

like with the muffler and tips, so you cut the stock exhaust before the mufflers and weld em on??

ive seen some at exhaust shops for about less thank 100$ each was was wondering how they sounded

i also have a Fujita intake that kicks in around 3000 - 3500+ RPM

wanted more sound from down lower, thanks

just realised, your in sydney, are you gonna be coming to the meet?

cuz i would love to hear how your car sounds like, i have just 4" tips welded on ATM, and was gonna get cannons (to replace the stock muffler and the tips, i wnt 3.5" tips now) then a midpipe

Yeah it was recomended by an exhaust shop. well known custom exhaust shop in sydney. although just putting back my OEM mid pipes will do the same (noise wise). for increased power by leaving it all on. the $$ for the crossover will solve it. im not interestedin spending the xtra money cutting into my just purchased mids for an extra couple KW. s i love the sound the invidia mids make.

it would be a great compliment to an IS with oem mid pipes. (without resonator delete).

Yes, cut off the rear mufflers and simply welded Magnaflows and tips in place ie. all pipes are stock. Did this because I was super keen not to end up with something too loud and totally un-Lexus like. Given the result it just shows how much noise the stock rear mufflers cancel out.

Sounds and prob is a bit ghetto for a Lexus but was a very cost effective way of getting sound down low which you don't get with just an intake. Sound is great about 90% of the time except under conditions as described.

I'm actually in Melb. Sadly we don't yet have the IS owner's fraternity you Sydney boys seem to be enjoying at the moment - would love to hook up with owners in Melbourne if anyone interested.