Hello, ive just joined this forum and it looks to be quite helpful. I bought the missus a 99 IS200 sports luxury manual, a few months ago.It has a bodykit, and been lowered by about 2", black with black rims, and we are both very impressed with it. There is one issue that we have and that is that when changing gears there is a clunk coming from the back, of the vehicle. i had it up on a hoist and the only thing that has any movement from what i could see is where the drive shaft goes into the diff on the left hand side. Is this a common problem and how can this be fixed??

Cheers Adam

the gearbox is noisy i know but i believe his problem is actually his diff.

they seem to loosen up and if you dont ease the clutch right off then itll make a clunk sound when putting it into the next gear. drive it and put it into 3rd or 4th gear and then put the clutch in, change gears and then without accelerating let the clutch out fast. the car will probably jerk a bit and youll hear this clunk. if so then itll be your diff and there isnt anything to worry about, my car has been the same since i got it (same specs as yours) and its never failed on me, just a bit noisy between gears. hope this helps!

Hi yes i would say it was definatley something to do with diff or rear drive shaft rather than just gearbox, someone just told me they have a different car with manual and IRS and that does it too. Thanks to both who replied.

Cheers adam

Yeah its more in the diff the noise. Good point xxodyseyxx My is200 was the same. I think it was from memory coming out of the gear not so much going into a gear.