im interested in doing this in the next half year or so but im not sure on what exactly ill need.

the engine of course and a new gearbox but how does everything else go across?

will need new engine mounts? and loom?

does anyone got any info on the swap? or know of any detailed accounts of the swap on any other websites?

thanks!

Not sure if you already know what you need or whatever, but i'm looking to do a similar swap and came across this one.

http://www.qldsupraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3586

Its worked as and depending on psi it'll output 500-600rwhp

thanks for the reply and link,

sounds pretty good but probably sold by now

not sure on what ill need to do it, do you know exactly what?

is it right that you cant run the stock turbos because it hits the steering column?

im a fan of the 6 speed so i am on the lookout for a getrag tranny either v160 or v161

but arent too easy to come by, maybe im just looking in the wrong place haha

thanks though

• 3 weeks later...

im interested in doing this in the next half year or so but im not sure on what exactly ill need.

the engine of course and a new gearbox but how does everything else go across?

will need new engine mounts? and loom?

does anyone got any info on the swap? or know of any detailed accounts of the swap on any other websites?

thanks!

I'm interested in this too, but only going from the 2.0L to the 3.0L and staying N/A as I'm past the go-fast stage... I figure too that IS200 prices are much cheaper than IS300 prices and could be cheaper to upgrade a '200 around about the time the 150k timing belt change is due and get a 2JZ package put in then???

Can I essentially source an AU delivered 2JZ motor or IS300/GS300/ecu +5sp auto gearbox and replace this in the IS200 engine/gearbox, or is the diff a different ratio also needing swapping?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Yeti,

I considered swapping in a 2JZ-GE + V161 gearbox from my mate's trashed N/A Supra. I rang around a few workshops including IS Motor Racing in Rockdale.

In the end parts and labour would total to around $10000. Not worth it really. You need to factor in installation, custom fabricated parts, wiring and engineering costs.

If you're going to spend that sort of money you might as well go all the way with a turbo 2JZ-GTE.

Since you're going with an auto anyway, just pay the premium for an IS300. It would work out cheaper.

• 12 years later...