so ive had my is250 for 2 weeks now.. and thought id try and make it a bit more unique from all the others... ive installed some typical stuff like led puddle lights, interior lights and hid headlights

but the new things i tried out are

-rear diffuser

-led door lights

-black headlights and fog lights

-used all the indicator sections

-amber side lights

the rear diffuser i fabricated myself btw.. so if u want one ill have to make it for u

tell me what u guys think =]

post-4626-089218300 1290089999_thumb.jpgpost-4626-032608300 1290090030_thumb.jpgpost-4626-011147000 1290090044_thumb.jpgpost-4626-023451300 1290090087_thumb.jpgpost-4626-099247000 1290090053_thumb.jpgpost-4626-005897600 1290090064_thumb.jpgpost-4626-019998900 1290090075_thumb.jpgpost-4626-020843500 1290090100_thumb.jpgpost-4626-022301600 1290090116_thumb.jpg

The puddle lights are easy. Its the led strip on the side of the head light i have respect for. Id imagine the led s are more defined when seeing it in the flesh rather then on the photo??

The only thing i dont like is opening up the headlights. Cant bring my self to putting them in the oven.

The puddle lights are easy. Its the led strip on the side of the head light i have respect for. Id imagine the led s are more defined when seeing it in the flesh rather then on the photo??

The only thing i dont like is opening up the headlights. Cant bring my self to putting them in the oven.

only retards put their headlights in ovens lol.. i use a heatgun

hey dude

watch the way yout talk on this forum

there a few memebers who have done it that way

"retards" is not needed

hey dude

"retards" is not needed

+1

Alot of members have done it that way. It has the best results for a quicker easier separation. The bit im concerned with is getting a good seal putting it back together. Hate to have condensation inside.

hmmm? im one of the retards you speak of! although im not the only one! as stated by other members the majority of us have done it that way. people have their reasons for doing it a different way. doesn't make them a retard.

good on ya' for being so keen to make your is250 unique, but all those mods don't make your car unique. pretty much everyone on this forum has changed out their lights! i myself did all those mods 4 years ago, except the angel eyes which i did in the last year!

unique would be something like ilvs1004s with the 20" work wheels, gfx kit all round, coilovers etc.......

side by side with yours you would still look stock!

hey dude

"retards" is not needed

+1

Alot of members have done it that way. It has the best results for a quicker easier separation. The bit im concerned with is getting a good seal putting it back together. Hate to have condensation inside.

+1

makes it a lot quicker to soften the seal all round in one go! putting it back together is just the reverse, but with a lot of force holding it down to make a seal tight!

Definition of the word unique....

http://www.answers.com/topic/unique

adj.

1.Being the only one of its kind: the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting.

2.Without an equal or equivalent; unparalleled.

That being, it is a "unique" car nonetheless.

You started a topic with title "Slowly Making A Unique Is250".

Not sure what your car will look like in the end but if you want it to look unique you haven't started in the right direction i wouldn't think.

What are your ideas?

Far from unique, but I guess it's a 'slow' start. You'd need a lot more than subtle cosmetic light changes to make it unique. What is your planned end result? Things like rims, suspension, any engine mods?

Here's a hint: dump a supra turbo 2J in one, guaranteed uniqueness, at least in Aus :)

i didnt say that car wasnt unique.. i said it was disgusting..

im showing u guys a few things ive done in 2 weeks of owning the car.. which a small steps in making my is something unique. lol.. u hop on and give me a definition of unique? i know what it means.. who are u to tell me my car isnt going to be unique when u havnt seen the end result? i didnt know when i bought the car i was signing up to a forum full of people who cant just appreciate what is shown.. ive even offered to help other members who are in need when i dont even know any of you..

maybe thats just the way lexus drivers are.. the cars ive owned before this have all been built and finished and im starting a new project.. if u have nothing positive to say or add then dont bother with your definitions and ur opinions if u cant present much urself or not willing to try something new.. rather sit there criticising me of what im trying to make into something nice to drive.. its quite sad really.. ask for an input on a "community" of is250 enthusiasts to find out that ur a majority of negative people..

and as for u idc.. i have started in the right direction.. by getting off my ass and thinking about things to start with.. i did not state anywhere that ALL my modifications are unique.. and if u think that is250 there looks nice.. haha.. then good for u buddy.. but dont step in my *BLEEP* when im trying to show everyone some ideas they can do to theirs and offering a hand to those who arnt able to themselves.. i may be new here but im not here to be stepped on by people like you.. if u dont like what i have. then show me what u got..

and to answer ur questions.. i have wheels planned.. engine mods.. body panels... interior.. slowly updated for those who dont actually wanna see and get their own ideas

Far from unique, but I guess it's a 'slow' start. You'd need a lot more than subtle cosmetic light changes to make it unique. What is your planned end result? Things like rims, suspension, any engine mods?

Here's a hint: dump a supra turbo 2J in one, guaranteed uniqueness, at least in Aus :)

dump a 2jz into my is250? where did u get this idea from? why would i dump it in there when i got a perfectly good engine to work with..

here's a hint: research b4 u talk.. theres already a few 2jz is250s in aus

dump a 2jz into my is250? where did u get this idea from? why would i dump it in there when i got a perfectly good engine to work with..

Can't do much with the IS250 engine unfortunately, there, I done your research for you. Forced induction won't work too well due to already high engine compresson. And air intake mods and filters have been done to death. What else are you gonna do with it? Are you gonna do silly ricey mods or something tasteful with a purpose?

P.S. With your responses, you come across as quite a hostile keyboard warrior mate. Settle down!

Can't do much with the IS250 engine unfortunately, there, I done your research for you. Forced induction won't work too well due to already high engine compresson. And air intake mods and filters have been done to death. What else are you gonna do with it? Are you gonna do silly ricey mods or something tasteful with a purpose?

P.S. With your responses, you come across as quite a hostile keyboard warrior mate. Settle down!

rice mods are boring.. things will pop up as i slowly add things..

im not a hostile person.. just dont like how some people are on here.. when i havnt attacked anyone and im being attacked for making a contribution.. small so far.. but a contribution none the less.. i dont post up what ive done to have definitions of the english words revised to me.. or to be told what should be done to fulfil others definitions of unique.. this is nowhere near "keyboard warrior". its called sticking up for yourself, if u are familiar with such...

blue, the "disgusting" car i posted has a front mount intercooler...every engine has it's limitations s/c or turbo will lift that limitations. So the japanese cartoon is abit but, it's just paint, it'll be a hell of a car if it was just ... black or silver or white.

Until my car looks this disgusting (minus the paint), i won't be shouting to everyone hey i got a unique car.

i didnt say that car wasnt unique.. i said it was disgusting..

im showing u guys a few things ive done in 2 weeks of owning the car.. which a small steps in making my is something unique. lol.. u hop on and give me a definition of unique? i know what it means.. who are u to tell me my car isnt going to be unique when u havnt seen the end result? i didnt know when i bought the car i was signing up to a forum full of people who cant just appreciate what is shown.. ive even offered to help other members who are in need when i dont even know any of you..

maybe thats just the way lexus drivers are.. the cars ive owned before this have all been built and finished and im starting a new project.. if u have nothing positive to say or add then dont bother with your definitions and ur opinions if u cant present much urself or not willing to try something new.. rather sit there criticising me of what im trying to make into something nice to drive.. its quite sad really.. ask for an input on a "community" of is250 enthusiasts to find out that ur a majority of negative people..

and as for u idc.. i have started in the right direction.. by getting off my ass and thinking about things to start with.. i did not state anywhere that ALL my modifications are unique.. and if u think that is250 there looks nice.. haha.. then good for u buddy.. but dont step in my *BLEEP* when im trying to show everyone some ideas they can do to theirs and offering a hand to those who arnt able to themselves.. i may be new here but im not here to be stepped on by people like you.. if u dont like what i have. then show me what u got..

and to answer ur questions.. i have wheels planned.. engine mods.. body panels... interior.. slowly updated for those who dont actually wanna see and get their own ideas

hey dude

ill just step in 1 more time

but you got off with the wrong foot.

your choice of words are very hm..

how should i put it hostile.

when a new member joins up and shows a few hostile words its quite natural for the existing members to be on alert.

i suggest you tone down a little and go with the flow

but definately your starting your mod progress.

i didnt touch my car for the first 4 months and then started modding it.

good luck with it

hmm force induction!!!!