Hello, i'm a newbie and few days ago i purchased a 97 es300. It's a great car and all but it is bleeding alot. Mechanic told me this engine is known for that but seems like it's not losing too much oil since when i changed an oil yesterday alot of oils came out. so far has done 200,000km.

• 9 months later...

Hello, i'm a newbie and few days ago i purchased a 97 es300. It's a great car and all but it is bleeding alot. Mechanic told me this engine is known for that but seems like it's not losing too much oil since when i changed an oil yesterday alot of oils came out. so far has done 200,000km.

Hi, My 94 es 330 seemed to always spring another oil leak or had a burnt oil smell. Local Toyota sevice worked on camshaft cover/seals. crankcase seals. Many dollars later still had oil smell and drips on floor. Went to another mechanic he replaced o'ring on distribitor shaft, cheap as chips compared to all work Toyata had done and no more problem. Seems oil finds it way down to all sorts of areas from distributor and gives appearance of other problems. Had a similar problem on a Mitsibushi L200 ute I bought cheap cause engine was totally covered in oil and dirt. 10 cent o'ring and engine wash fixed that one, but v6 lexus was harder to identify as oil tracked to many other sites.

Hope this helps

John Anderson