Just Puchased A New Isf

ISF_Starlight_Black

Hi all

Firstly, let me say that I was in the process of evaluating the AUDI S5 and the ISF. The S5 is a fantastic car. Acceleration was awsome and it was a coupe. I was leaning more against the AUDI as obviously the IsF is a 4 door.

After borrowing the car for the night, I made up my mind and decided to go for the ISF. It was just fully loaded and to spec a similar S5, it would have been another $20-$30k difference.

Anyway, I just signed the contract today and although I could have taken delivery this year, I wanted to make sure the compliance plates were a 2011 build. So it will be a January 2011 build - February 2011 delivery.

I decided to get the starlight Black with Black interior.

Got the ISF, 3 year extended warranty & free servicing (3 years) all up for $129,400 (driveaway).

Pretty happy with the price and car - Now the wait begins:)

So how many ISF owners are out there in Sydney?

hey buddy

there are few F owners on this board

i will probably be on the hunt for a F late next year

congrats on the purchase

you have bought an Awsome car!!!!

post some pics when you get it!

hey buddy

there are few F owners on this board

i will probably be on the hunt for a F late next year

congrats on the purchase

you have bought an Awsome car!!!!

post some pics when you get it!

Thats great to hear.. Yeah.. will post some pics when it arrives.

I dont know, theres something about Lexus which keeps attracting me to their cars.

Having purchased an IS200 in 2000 & RX330 in 2003, I always said to myself that I would try a different brand. So here I am again and purchased another lexus.

I just loved the throaty sound of the V8 engine. Just gives me chills up my spine:)

Anyone know if the HDD system is included in the latest revision of the ISF? I heard that you may be able to upload some music from a USB key onto the HDD and play music from the storage?

• 2 weeks later...

No HDD Sat Nav yet, it's still DVD ROM.

The 2011 spec IS-F has some other great additions though. The DRL's give it a more aggressive look. The big tacho dash looks more performance oriented, especially the 3 stage shift light. The sports button being moved to the steering wheel puts switching modes at the tip of your thumb.

The suspension has been tweaked but unless you drove the MY10 & MY11 back to back you may not pick the difference.

I also like the darker carbon fibre in the MY11.

The wait for a 2011 plated car would've be too much to handle for me if I was in your shoes.

You're going to love it, congrats.

Congrats on the purchase...

Ive got a Blue ISF and I love it to bits.!

I also checked out the M3, and the Audi RS5, but the Lexus won me over...

The MY11 has slightly different engine mounts (stiffer material used) and the shocks and spring rates have been played with .

The orignal ISF was said to be way too stiff, and a bit hairy at high speed.(if you saw the stock rear sway bar you would see why )

I fitted a F sport Is350 rear to help plant it better in corners.!

That V8 sound gets better when u fit a Exhaust .lol! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing your pics.!

Richie

The MY11 has slightly different engine mounts (stiffer material used) and the shocks and spring rates have been played with .

The orignal ISF was said to be way too stiff, and a bit hairy at high speed.(if you saw the stock rear sway bar you would see why )

Richie

Thats a nice colour you have. I test drove the 2nd generation isf. What really annoyed about it was the steering wheel. It seems kind of thin for a sports car. Do you. Know if the my11 isf has a more thicker steering wheel?

Richie

Thats a nice colour you have. I test drove the 2nd generation isf. What really annoyed about it was the steering wheel. It seems kind of thin for a sports car. Do you. Know if the my11 isf has a more thicker steering wheel?

Yeah i guess the steering wheel is kinder thin aint it ...i cant confirm if it does or not..

I do wish i could get a later model wheel on mine, there colour coded, and look smick .!

If you have any other info you wanna know , let us know.

Richie

There is a USB in the centre console and this will accept a HDD device, so rather than an iPOD you could by a simple external HD and download you songs.

The manual has a reference to the type of files and formating.

I will give it a go later and see how it goes.

There is a USB in the centre console and this will accept a HDD device, so rather than an iPOD you could by a simple external HD and download you songs.

The manual has a reference to the type of files and formating.

I will give it a go later and see how it goes.

Let me know if you manage to get a hard disk working on the USB. Some months ago, I tried a USB flash drive on my IS 250 and that worked, but a portable hard disk didn't. I suspect the audio system doesn't fully implement the USB Mass Storage Class protocol, and so the physical differences between a magnetic disk drive and a flash drive aren't hidden from the system. (Alternatively, it's a possibility my trusty portable HD doesn't fully implement MSC, or my file formats/folder layouts weren't right.)

• 2 months later...

The dealer says my ISF will be ready for pickup this saturday. I decided to get the premium tint before I pickup the car. That is the most darkest legal tint on all windows except for the front window.

What's the first thing I should do when I pickup the car.

I'm so excited:)

Drive it!

Joking

You should at least do a good walk around to make sure the car is to the condition you expect it to be (NEW!). Obviously it should be like new but you never know.

Get the sales person to sync your phone and contact etc, why do it yourself when some else can do it for you.

I absolutely love the ISF. I am so stoked at getting into the car.

The car is only a weekender for me so it gives me something to look forward to at the end of each week:)

I have a question for those that have an ISF. I noticed that the CIGARETTE lighter is missing in the centre console. I'm talking about the section next to the USB connection. I dont smoke, but am wondering if there's supposed to be a cigarette lighter or is it supposed to be empty?

Thanks

I absolutely love the ISF. I am so stoked at getting into the car.

The car is only a weekender for me so it gives me something to look forward to at the end of each week:)

I have a question for those that have an ISF. I noticed that the CIGARETTE lighter is missing in the centre console. I'm talking about the section next to the USB connection. I dont smoke, but am wondering if there's supposed to be a cigarette lighter or is it supposed to be empty?

Thanks

Thats just a 12volt outlet , think phone charger.

• 2 weeks later...

After 2 weeks fromm taking delivery of my car, I'm loving every minute of it. I took a few days off work this week and went up to palm beach and driving through the national park (back ways through bayview/roland reserve), I can now really appreciate the gearbox:). It's so effing beautiful how when you approach a corner/hairpin turn, you downshift to 2nd gear and accelerate out of the corner..just a touch of the accelerator pedal and you can feel the car wanting to jolt forward:) you really dont need much to push the car..

The first day I took delivery of the car, I went on a freeway and 5-6 times I'm behind a vehicle, they always move out of the way and let me pass. I wasnt even travelling too close to the car in front of me. I guess the DRL lights in their rear view mirror makes some aggressive stance:)

The little things like the IPOD connector and having the songs come up on the nav screen just puts the icing on the cake. Have 500km's already on the odmoeter.. Not too much but being a weekend car only, I'd want to keep this in pristine condition. I think what makes this car in my eyes so special is the exclusivity of the car on the roads. You really dont see many of the ISF's as opposed to the M3's & S5's.

Looks hot in black. We bought ours 12months ago and love it. Ours is pearl white demo with 2000 kms on clock Now done 29000 kms in it and we both love to drive it . The exhaust (as the car gets older) gets louder now than when we first got it. I drive it to work during week and hubby has it on weekends. We dont want too many kms on it but im relunctant to drive our third car to work as its old and I feel totally safe in the ISF with all its safety features.We put darkist tinting legally allowed on it. Carefull of mags as they are easily damaged, cost alot.

Yours would look better with tinting. I never get the loud rumble of the exhaust going but hubby does when he puts the foot down to blow out the cobwebs.

BigAV

Thanks for your comments.

I do have a question for anyone that has seen the exterior windows of the car above.

I did ask for tint to be applied (The darkest legal tint) before delivery, and the windows look lighter than what I would have expected.

They told me that it would be the darkest tint thats legal.

What do people think. Is there anyway I can tell if tint has been applied. I dont want to get ripped off as I paid for this tint to be applied but dont want to go back and accuse them of not applying the tint. I tried rolling the windows down and I couldnt feel any tint film at the top of the window unless they did a great job and applied the tint right to the end of the edges of the window.. I just couldnt tell.

Would be grateful for any of your comments regarding the tint?

BigAV

Thanks for your comments.

I do have a question for anyone that has seen the exterior windows of the car above.

I did ask for tint to be applied (The darkest legal tint) before delivery, and the windows look lighter than what I would have expected.

They told me that it would be the darkest tint thats legal.

What do people think. Is there anyway I can tell if tint has been applied. I dont want to get ripped off as I paid for this tint to be applied but dont want to go back and accuse them of not applying the tint. I tried rolling the windows down and I couldnt feel any tint film at the top of the window unless they did a great job and applied the tint right to the end of the edges of the window.. I just couldnt tell.

Would be grateful for any of your comments regarding the tint?

I would say if there is a darkness to the windows, not the blue shade but an actual black / grey then you would have tinting.

The best spot for looking for an edge would be at the back window as this is generally cut to the end not tucked into the seal and you might find a spot where you can see the non tinted window.

To be honest you should be able to tell.

Just another idea, just go to a dealer and park you car next to one in the lot and look at the difference in window shades.