Rx350: How's The Ac On The Hot Days?

hi all

looking to buy a used RX350 (perhaps 2006/07 model)

Could owners please let me know their experiences with the AC? haven't had a chance to try this car in summer, and the weather here's been pretty cool now.

Is the AC effective in cooling the car (front and rear) on the really hot days? (eg around 30-35c)?

Also, if you have the AC switched off, does fresh , cool, air still come through (on a cool day of course), or does it get heated?

many thanks and hope to be an owner soon

Is the AC effective in cooling the car (front and rear) on the really hot days? (eg around 30-35c)?

It's pretty good - the fan is powerful and the air gets quite cold. I'm not too sure about the back seat, but there are rear a/c outlets, and they seem to produce a reasonable flow.

Also, if you have the AC switched off, does fresh , cool, air still come through (on a cool day of course), or does it get heated?

Interesting question - I always have mine on, set to Auto. If it gets too cold I just turn up the temperature a bit. I'll have a play with it and see what happens.

• 1 month later...