Missing Engine Cover On Rx350...and Other Questions

hi all

have been looking at buying a used (07 model) RX 350 and was hoping owners could please chip in with info on the following:

1. should the engine have a cover on the right hand side, above the battery? I thought there was meant to be a full cover, but the car I looked at only had a black plastic cover on the left hand side (and of course the silver coloured cover directly over the engine)...but the right side was 'exposed'

2. MP3 playback - does the Mark Levinson unit show MP3 titles/artist/etc on the main display, or on the narrow 'radio' display?

thank you in advance

cheers

Satz

should the engine have a cover on the right hand side, above the battery?

No - the battery is exposed.

MP3 playback - does the Mark Levinson unit show MP3 titles/artist/etc on the main display, or on the narrow 'radio' display?

The radio screen shows the folder name (usually the same as the album). The main screen shows both the folder and the track when you press the Audio button, then switches back to the navigation screen after 30 seconds. (This is configurable). All the facilities (ie nav, phone, audio) have a more limited main screen display when the car is in motion. ie a lot of functions are disabled to prevent driver distraction.

Hi all

I spoke to Lexus Australia yesterday who confirmed that the engine cover was 'optional'...which seems a bit strange..

Sorry for more questions, but I cannot actually physically see one of these cars unless I drive 3 hours!

1. are the overhead controls (eg sunroof) illuminated at night?

2. is the ignition key a folding one? (I seem to recall that it isn't)

3. is the auto-wiper speed sensitive?

many thanks again

Mine is a 2006 model, but the 2007 should be similar

1. are the overhead controls (eg sunroof) illuminated at night?
No
2. is the ignition key a folding one? (I seem to recall that it isn't)
No
3. is the auto-wiper speed sensitive?
Don't know, but it doesn't seem to be.

Before you commit to purchasing the vehicle take it for a long drive on rough roads (not necessarily off-road, just bumpy bitumen) and listen for rattles. They come from a variety of sources (plenty of threads in the forums) and can drive you mad! :angry:

On my hybrid RX, the rain sensing wipers are automatic and is variable dependent on the amount of rain hitting the windscreen. I have a stalk on the left side just behind the steering wheel to adjust the sensitivity +/-. I'm not sure if this is a standard feature on the rx350 or could just be in the hybrid.