• 3 weeks later...

Still no dust buildups...amazing. Ideal for general driving conditions, silent and smooth. I don't do much high speed or aggressive driving so can't say much about top end performance. Iguess that's where Utimate comes in.

• 2 months later...

Still no dust buildups...amazing. Ideal for general driving conditions, silent and smooth. I don't do much high speed or aggressive driving so can't say much about top end performance. Iguess that's where Utimate comes in.

ldc, How are you finding them so far in terms of dust and performance? I hate sqeeks and dust.

I had ultimates on my old car and they chewed up the rotor which is why I'm leaning towards the GCTs.

EBC Greens made too much noise at low speeds

just thought i'd add

i purchased the Bendix General CT as replacement pads from the local mechanic. $150 for front pair, $150 for rear pair.

No idea how they compare to OEM as my previous weren't OEM i dont think,

that said they provide smooth soft braking and work reasonably well far as I can tell and give off minimal brakedust if any at all..

fyi: my last car was a 2009 BMW 135i which comes stock with Brembo Sports brakes.

Those brakes were SUPER instant feedback + equally SUPER brake dust

I dont mind these ones

• Like 1

Yeah I ended up going with Bendix General CT with DBA rotors in the end. Ultra smooth and quiet - but it's still early days.

They are about the same pedal feel as the OEMs and perform equally as well in terms of performance (I've had my car since new)

I'm yet to see dust on my wheels (Which is what I want) I've only done 70km's since the change over.

The OEMs just eat away at the rotor - I doubt your able to get 2 pad changes with the same OEM rotor.

On my old car I've found EBC Greens were nosy at low speeds. The best pads in my opinion for non track use were Ferrodos however they don't sell them in AU for the IS250

just thought i'd add

i purchased the Bendix General CT as replacement pads from the local mechanic. $150 for front pair, $150 for rear pair.

No idea how they compare to OEM as my previous weren't OEM i dont think,

that said they provide smooth soft braking and work reasonably well far as I can tell and give off minimal brakedust if any at all..

fyi: my last car was a 2009 BMW 135i which comes stock with Brembo Sports brakes.

Those brakes were SUPER instant feedback + equally SUPER brake dust

I dont mind these ones

That is way to much for those pads i could get the set for about $150 .... PM me if anyone is intrested can alos get rotors for way cheaper than retail price

I recently replaced my front pads and rotors. I went for ebc blacks. I think they call them ultimax. I wouldn't recommend them. Black by name, black by nature. Wheels started to turn black on the way back from the car wash. They do stop well though. With the rotors, They are the same for Aurion so check out the price for Aurion rotors. The part numbers are different but the rotors are the same. There is another toyota model that takes the same one too but I cant remember which one it is. The reason im letting you know this is that maybe because they are for a lexus, You might be paying a premium.

Has anyone tried the GCT's. Are they cleaner?

Cheers

Darren

Aurion rotors are not the same as IS250 rotors different thickness ... they do have the same pcd thought