Is200 Help Please.

hey guys im new here, ive owned like 5 corolla's (3 ae92 + 2 ae111's), and now ive decided to move on to a lexus =] i just got a '03 sport luxury 6spd is200. just need some help with a few things.

1. how do i take off the fascia for the HU so i can add the GROM ipod unit to it? like screws or clips or take off center console??

2. are is300 headlights a straight swap? if no then;

3. what is best option for black housing headlights? aftermarket? or DIY opening headlight casing and spraying?

4. i have foglights, and the switch, yet when i click the foglight switch on my steering console stick thing, i hear a relay switching towards the glove box area? is there a fuse for the foglights? because i had a look in engine bay fuse holders and under driver side dash in the panel and i couldnt find anything labled foglights? and ive had the headlights on, on park and full and still nothing.

thanks heaps =]

hey guys im new here, ive owned like 5 corolla's (3 ae92 + 2 ae111's), and now ive decided to move on to a lexus =] i just got a '03 sport luxury 6spd is200. just need some help with a few things.

1. how do i take off the fascia for the HU so i can add the GROM ipod unit to it? like screws or clips or take off center console??

2. are is300 headlights a straight swap? if no then;

3. what is best option for black housing headlights? aftermarket? or DIY opening headlight casing and spraying?

4. i have foglights, and the switch, yet when i click the foglight switch on my steering console stick thing, i hear a relay switching towards the glove box area? is there a fuse for the foglights? because i had a look in engine bay fuse holders and under driver side dash in the panel and i couldnt find anything labled foglights? and ive had the headlights on, on park and full and still nothing.

thanks heaps =]

alright! ill try help you out the best i can

1. heres the link to an install for GROM on an is300

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=46731

but your dash SHOULD be a bit different to take apart because its is200

to save you the time i took some pictures for you of how you do mine which should be the same

basically you just use a trim tool (try a taped up flat blade screw driver if you dont have one) to separate the aircon/tray from the rest of the dash

2ue7cx1.jpg

2me4cww.jpg

2nujh5c.jpg

2nb9a29.jpg

after this you can follow the tutorial, obviously skipping the sat nav wiring bit

hopefully thatll help you get that issue sorted

2. no they are not, this will explain (sorry for no link, for some reason it wouldnt let me link it properly) http://tiny.cc/6gqp8

3. this is a DIY on blacking your headlights http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-first-generation/205644-diy-info-black-headlight-mod.html

4. youll find the fuse for the foglights in the passenger side foot area behind the panel there, the back of the cover will tell you which one it is

hope this all helps!

Odyssey

wow thanks heaps for that =] i figured out about the top part of the dash but had no idea what could come off next to access the hu, and i may just do what you did without taking the HU out :)

and thanks for the other links should help me with everything, foudn that the foggies fuse is not blown, but rather the wires are cut before the foglight? ive heard its a recurring problem for some people who brought a is200.. weird.. and its not a fake because i can hear a relay switch when i flick the switch on the steering wheel control. so thanks heaps again =]