How To Remove Coin Drawer?

The catch on my 01 LS430 coin drawer has failed. It needs removing so that repairs can be made. Presumably the assembly is attached with two bolts on the bottom, as seen on LHD car illustrations. To get to these the switch panel below it needs removing. Is it just clipped in? Where does one apply the pressure? I have given it a go, but didn't want to damage anything. Any help much appreciated.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just had a look at the exploded diagram for the RHD LS430 and it looks like the panel is just clipped in, they are quite tight to remove but these parts rarely break during removal,I use a wall paper type scraper with a layer of electrical insulating tape over the blade to help prise these bits off.

Thanks for the reply. Feeling a little more confident, I attacked the problem again. If there are just clips holding it they must be very strong. I applied more pressure than I thought I should and still no sign of letting go. What I will do is phone a dealer and see if they will give me some advice.

Eric

• 3 years later...

Good luck with that. If you go to Lexis (in Sydney) thaey will want to book it in and try and charge you anywhere between $400 and $800.