Headers Group Buy...(Possible)

RichieISF

Latest comment on 5th Dec 2011

"Our trip to Australia went well. We will be coming out with right hand drive versions of our IS250, IS350 and ISF in early 2012. Special thanks to Sid and the guys at Lexus of Chatswood in NSW!"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently a set were fitted.... they fouled on the steering arm, and the dipstick... they took pics and had a revised set made... been told we are waiting on them to be fitted.. then signed off on..and approved...

Also heard they made the ISF into a absolute monster.!

Anymore then that ... i don't know... will keep you lads in the know as i find out more.!

Fresh news as it comes to hand guys...

Got a Facebook msg this morning from PPE... they have made the revised headers.. are sending to Aussie this week.. to be fitted up . then we will will have to wait for production... Is250/350 sets also will be available...!

The time is near!

Excellent news... I'm hanging out.

Revised set sent and being fitted this week. then 380-400 hp at wheels here we come.

Thanks for the update Richie, you mentioned taking one for a drive in the states - in your honest opinion did it feel that much more quicker to you ?

The reason I'm a little sceptic is the exhaust alone on my car registered +6KW and at the very top of the rev range on a mainline dyno. Don't get me wrong I love the Joe-Z, the sound itself is worth every $ but what concerns me are the inflated figures on the US sites ... or is it just that ISF's in general produce inconsistent figures because of the ECU ??

Cheers

Mike

The other question with these is; Are people planning on going without CAT's and run the potential risk of a BIG fine. I know the new headers are a massive improvement over the restrictive OEM shorties but removing the CATs obviously is a big contributor the increase in power.

looking forward to the updates.

Any word on fitted price?

Excellent news... I'm hanging out.

Revised set sent and being fitted this week. then 380-400 hp at wheels here we come.

Thanks for the update Richie, you mentioned taking one for a drive in the states - in your honest opinion did it feel that much more quicker to you ?

The reason I'm a little sceptic is the exhaust alone on my car registered +6KW and at the very top of the rev range on a mainline dyno. Don't get me wrong I love the Joe-Z, the sound itself is worth every $ but what concerns me are the inflated figures on the US sites ... or is it just that ISF's in general produce inconsistent figures because of the ECU ??

I never drove one as such, but i did take a ride in one, and yes.. the difference was crazy.! like night and day .. i hope to have them fitted soon and i will provide a dyno print out for those who are still sceptical ..

i know my car recently dynoed 353 hp at wheels... now I'm hoping that with headers... i will see a increase.. if you saw the factory headers.. you will see why gains are expected .

Cheers

Mike

The other question with these is; Are people planning on going without CAT's and run the potential risk of a BIG fine. I know the new headers are a massive improvement over the restrictive OEM shorties but removing the CATs obviously is a big contributor the increase in power.

looking forward to the updates.

Any word on fitted price?

No news on price . you would need to check with the supplier and whoever is fitting them.. i have purchased a pair of 200 cell cats from the states which I'm going to fit into my JoeZ system .. its one thing going fast .. quite another doing in legally..!

Hope this answers any questions.!

I'm keen to try the headers by themselves first as the guys in the US state that the headers yield the most power. If I'm satisfied with the headers, I won't touch the rear to keep the noise down.

I removed my secondary cats and am running straight pipes at the moment. It has changed the note of the exhaust somewhat by doing that. So if I go with PPE headers I'll need to plumb in some cats at the back or else my white bumper will turn yellow.

• 1 month later...

After picking up my car up from the chatswood service centre for a post track inspection, I had chat to Sid. The ppe headers have been ordered. The first batch has been allocated to. Thank god my names assigned to this batch.

He mentioned $2000 for the headers installed. So by end of the month it'll be in my car. Can't wait.

I normally trade up my car every 3 years but having put a bit of investment in my upgrades, I might hold on to this car for longer.

• 2 weeks later...

News on these, First order was for a few sets, but its seems thats blown out to 30 odd sets. plus 15 odd for the Is350, and after seeing results at the track , yeah if you have a 350 , get a set of these, there was a 350F that was making (i think it was a C63/M3) look silly.

As you can imagine shipping of 30 sets is going to take a while, but they are def coming, !

Will def get some dyno results up asap .!

Hey Richie, any news or updates on these?

Sorry I've taken zoo long to get back to you guys, seems when i ask the dealer they can't give me a straight answer, so i went asked a guy who i know in the USA who knows the guys at

PPE (Paul) , and the reply was " that because of the size of the order /workload etc, that they should be ready for shipping in 4 weeks time... yes you read that correct 4 weeks.

Then he reassured us it will be worth the wait.. well i guess some of us have been waiting quite a while for these... ( feb/ march) , so whats a few extra weeks right ..!