hey guys,

We recently went to our mechanic to get our tyres changed and he installed a set of LED parkers for free :). Once i asked him about a xenon conversion kit he said that it would cost $350 installed(i can't remember the brand but he said that that he's had no issues with them). I heard that for the hid xenon conversion, the front bumper has to come off. Now the vehicle is still under warranty so will there be any issues? Either with the changing of the lights and/or the bumper coming off.

Cheers,

Babaquazi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

350 is too steep

i got a set for my liberty for 70

on my first IS i got a set for 90

installtion is pretty straight forward

i can give you some tips and help you install as well

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to ask another question

but will i have any trouble if i change out the stock 4300k HID's to 6000k ones? just the bulbs, not a full kit

pretty noob at this, but will i have any problems with the ballast box or anything?

thanks!

sorry to ask another question

but will i have any trouble if i change out the stock 4300k HID's to 6000k ones? just the bulbs, not a full kit

pretty noob at this, but will i have any problems with the ballast box or anything?

thanks!

no, ive done it for a few mates on various other cars without any dramas so i cant see any reason why the lexus would be any different.

• 9 months later...

I noticed some hid companies on the net actually sell an optional relay.

Is it necessary for the IS250s?

Optional relay for what

Direct connection to the battery.

For those guys who have done the hid conversions, have you found the need to use a relay?

thank you :)

cool. Cause i read in one of the posts in the forums that one of the lexus owners has had their fuse or something shorting out. I'm not good with electricals so I thought I would just ask around before I do anything.

I also read that by using the relays, the output is greater because it's a direct connection to the battery. My question is then, how much more?

hmmm....

negligible. The head light circuit is already dedicated to headlights. xenon or halogen.

the thread u were reading was a set of HID cevu had. it had a dodgy ballast within his fog light installation. nothing to do with load or relays that werent installed.

you will have no issues at all if you use the headlights circuit already there in a plug and play kit.

You're looking at the 55w slim right?

IMO prices are steep

yeah 55w professional.

Yeah i think they are steep but given that they use branded components (ie phillips), maybe it's worth? Hmmm....

I wonder if it is confirmed to be phillips components?

$350?! just get a set on ebay for $100 and install urself, no need for front bumper removal at all

I hope I don't get crucified for this one, but I admit that I'm guilty for getting my kit (shipped as well) for $35 off ebay =P

Installed within a few hours (yes, I take my time).

So far, so good. Love the colour. It's not the overdone purple (which, by the way, looks fantastic on pearl white IS250s), but just the very neutral white colour, only to complement its elegant looks.

You're looking at the 55w slim right?

IMO prices are steep

yeah 55w professional.

Yeah i think they are steep but given that they use branded components (ie phillips), maybe it's worth? Hmmm....

I wonder if it is confirmed to be phillips components?

I think it's just the bulb, best to check.

55w as said earlier would be too bright.. mines 35w and really bright. Also would help with the life of the bulb.

$350?! just get a set on ebay for $100 and install urself, no need for front bumper removal at all

I hope I don't get crucified for this one, but I admit that I'm guilty for getting my kit (shipped as well) for $35 off ebay =P

Installed within a few hours (yes, I take my time).

So far, so good. Love the colour. It's not the overdone purple (which, by the way, looks fantastic on pearl white IS250s), but just the very neutral white colour, only to complement its elegant looks.

I've got a 35 off ebay as well, supposedly 4300k looks like 6000k when turned on, takes awhile (read: ages) to adjust and light cut off is bad.

The one I have in my car was $110 and colour accuracy when turned on is good, no issues with dispersion or light cut off.