• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^

And we have an expert in lighting =P

I just say it as I see it :P

Can't complain with $35 though, that's cheaper than getting new sets of halogen globes plus its slim.

Cool. I bought one off Ebay yesterday for $140. It's being shipped from the US :D

Gotta love aus -> us rates

I got paypal to pay for me but i selected something like "use my credit card's conversion rate".

Ah damn, I read somewhere that the stock hids on is 250s came with ACS (Which is what they had way back in the TOYOTA MR2 GT SW20 JDM versions whereby the light follows where you turn)... Damn....

I got paypal to pay for me but i selected something like "use my credit card's conversion rate".

Ah damn, I read somewhere that the stock hids on is 250s came with ACS (Which is what they had way back in the TOYOTA MR2 GT SW20 JDM versions whereby the light follows where you turn)... Damn....

please refer to the model guides it will tell you everything and for any other further info that you need

but

base models do not come with AFS

between 2005-2009 if you had HID's factroy (sports/F sports/ Sports luxury) you had HID's and AFS

ISF's also come with AFS as well untill 2010

Was it a 35 or 55w?

$350?! just get a set on ebay for $100 and install urself, no need for front bumper removal at all

I hope I don't get crucified for this one, but I admit that I'm guilty for getting my kit (shipped as well) for $35 off ebay =P

Installed within a few hours (yes, I take my time).

So far, so good. Love the colour. It's not the overdone purple (which, by the way, looks fantastic on pearl white IS250s), but just the very neutral white colour, only to complement its elegant looks.

hi guys!

I just got the kit delivered from the US:)

Noticed some differences between the US and AU/JDM is 250s. One of them is the battery on the US ones is on the left hand side.

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8922

Question:

I managed to remove all clips to take a look and do an initial planning before I do anything. I could not take the two screws (philips head) on each side of the plastic covers. See pics :)

Any ideas?

screws.jpg

Im on my phone ATM so there is no convenient way to paste a YouTube link, but if you search "is250 xenon" on YouTube, you should find a video tutorial by an Asian-American (lol that sounds so funny) that gives you a run down on how to fit it on. Watch the whole video and determine what applies to you in terms of AU/US engine layout.

When I did mine, I ended up putting the ballasts at exactly where he put his (one under the air filter, the other next to the engine).

FYI: the YouTube poster should be called "XenonSupply" or

Something.

hi st87,

yeah i have been watching xenon supply (the korean guy) and that's how i found the battery location is different.

For him,it's dead easy to remove the bolt but for me, i can't get it off.

I am wondering if any other australian is250 owner who has done the hid conversion is facing the same issue?

Also, how do I go about readjusting the headlight levels on the is250?

these 2 links below have not been too helpful.

http://my.is/forums/f154/adjust-height-headlights-389799/ - picture is there but where is the screw?

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es350/318952-diy-headlights-adjustment.html - only for the ES350 which may not be the same

Um... Are you in Sydney? If not, I'll see if I can take some picture that is detailed enough. Really there wasn't anything difficult to take off and certainly nothing in an awkward position.

Hello, Shaun (st87) and LEX51S,

Thanks, guys! You're too kind :) Unfortunately, I am in Melbourne :(

That's alright. I'm just finding it hard to remove the 2 screws because they won't come off.

I could tilt the plastic covers from side to side but that's not ideal.

Any ideas?

Also, would I have to readjust the headlight levels again? I was thinking again last night that since it is like a replacement for a globe, the levels should stay the same.

I could be wrong so if anyone knows better, please educate me.

Thank you :)

Turn those screws left (like you would any screw), they are not meant to be removed, only loosened. Then the plastic covers should come off (give it a little help if need be)

Mind you one of mine popped off and i lost it.

Hello, Shaun (st87) and LEX51S,

Thanks, guys! You're too kind :) Unfortunately, I am in Melbourne :(

That's alright. I'm just finding it hard to remove the 2 screws because they won't come off.

I could tilt the plastic covers from side to side but that's not ideal.

Any ideas?

Also, would I have to readjust the headlight levels again? I was thinking again last night that since it is like a replacement for a globe, the levels should stay the same.

I could be wrong so if anyone knows better, please educate me.

Thank you :)

my headlight level is on lowest level so it beams down. I think thats number 5 on the dial.

Turn those screws left (like you would any screw), they are not meant to be removed, only loosened. Then the plastic covers should come off (give it a little help if need be)

Mind you one of mine popped off and i lost it.

Sweet. I thought they could to be taken off completely. :)

As in I didnt need to unscrew anything =P

Big edit: besides bolts, that is****

Ps: I used nothing more than a 10mm socket wrench to get to the lights. If you needed anything else, there's a chance that you may not need to =)

Cool :)

by the way, did you have to readjust your headlights after the conversion?

If so, any instructions? :)

thank you :)

As in I didnt need to unscrew anything =P

Big edit: besides bolts, that is****

Ps: I used nothing more than a 10mm socket wrench to get to the lights. If you needed anything else, there's a chance that you may not need to =)

Okay, this is my first time uploading a file. Hope it works.

Since I was installing my filters on yesterday, I left 2 of my engine covers off, so fortunately I was able to take some useful images during lunch time.

What exactly do you mean by 'adjustments'?

Edit: Yes, I did fail my first uploading attempt lol

Bolt removal for HID install.pdf