Hi guys hoping to get a little advice and information from you. I am looking at purchasing a 2005 IS250 sports in 6spd.

The vehicle is a genuine 1 owner with books and has the EMV pack, front and rear sensors, 18in rims etc.

I have a few hesitations however, 1 is the alcantra trim which is currently only showing a little wear on the armrest and drivers seat but more importantly being the first of the series should I be concerned or await a later model? Is the 05 model known for any issues and faults?

I have also read about the DVD hack which can be done. I assume this can also be done on the 05 model or can this only be done in later models?

Thanks in advance guys, needing to make a decision this evening so any replies would be greatly appreciated

Aaron

hey Aaron.

It doesnt matter from 05 to my11 there are no major issues with the cars they are great and if there were lexus have EXCELLENT service. and the alcantara thats a personal choice some like some dont as for durability i dont know.

The hack can be done on 99% of models although we dont have alot of brandnew car members here so we dont know if there is any issues with the hacks in new cars. but older cars no dramas.

Even tho its an 05 you will not be disapointed with the awesomeness of an IS.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Basically what lex51s said is spot on! No major dramas and the support that lexus provides is second to none!

Only thing is that the manual box is not the greatest of boxes! Just something to test to make sure youre happy before you commit!

Hi Aaron - I went through the same process recently. If you have your heart set on the manual then go for it, but drive an auto first so you can compare. Apparently nothing special about the manual gearbox as per cevu's comments. The paddles are pretty cool if you like to move through the gears in the auto. I don't bother. Auto is very very smooth. I like the alacantra seats but they can get hot on some days - but super comfortable. Sports Luxury has aircon seats - like the sound of this - but decided the sports model was the pick for me. Keep in mind that the firmer ride of the sports model can really be enhanced with some new rubber. Massive difference in my experience and much quieter too. Hard to wrong with the IS250. In terms of which year I would focus more on condition and kms - even on '07 is four years old. Good luck.

Basically what lex51s said is spot on! No major dramas and the support that lexus provides is second to none!

Only thing is that the manual box is not the greatest of boxes! Just something to test to make sure youre happy before you commit!

My 1990 pajero feels smoother. I have a new short-shifter and F-Sport clutch here im waiting to get time to have fitted as all reports say it improves feel a lot

Hi Aaron,

I just got a IS250 07 Sport EMV with alcantra interior. I wasn't a fan until i sat in one and i felt how comfortable it is. I was only looking for ones with leather interior and in auto...ended up buy a manual with acantra...hehehhe. No regrets what so ever! Very happy. As long as the car checks out and there are no major problems you.

One thing it did take me a lil while to get used to was the manual gearbox and the clutch. My previous car had a heavy duty clutch installed which is the absolute opposite than the IS250. Its designed for easy driving....

Overall...my opinion 9.5/10

Hope that helps...

D