well, our IS250 is due for a camgear and side mirror change, all under warranty

the thing is, now theres a crack on the driver side mirror

the mirrors were booked in for the change a few weeks ago (when there was NO damage to the mirrors), but i havent been able to get the car to lexus yet

will they say they wont replace it cause of the damage?

i mean, they ordered the parts and all that before there was any damage, and its a known fault that on some IS250's the side mirrors have problems when put into reverse (they either dont go down at all, or they they come back up, they dont go to the original position)

anyone else experienced a similar situation?

thanks!

The driver side mirror on my car wasn't tinting at night. They replaced it under warranty and still it wouldn't tint. So I have to take it in again to change it.

I haven't experienced any mirror repositioning problems though.

did they replace the WHOLE mirror, as in the casing and everything? or just the mirror part?

thanks

As far as I can tell, they replaced only the mirror itself only. I'm going to guess that if they replace the mirror for the 2nd time and it still doesn't work, then they'll be replacing the whole lot.

The driver side mirror on my car wasn't tinting at night. They replaced it under warranty and still it wouldn't tint. So I have to take it in again to change it.

I haven't experienced any mirror repositioning problems though.

Are all years of IS250 sided mirrors supposed to tint, i wasn't aware that they are even supposed to tint.

Can anyone confirm? :huh:

Thanks...

Are all years of IS250 sided mirrors supposed to tint, i wasn't aware that they are even supposed to tint.

Can anyone confirm? :huh:

Thanks...

If your rear view mirror has an "auto" button on it then your mirrors can tint.

They're on IS250 Sports Luxury variant but not on Prestige.

My side mirrors hardly dip at all, and return too much (end up looking at the sky). About to be replaced by the dealer (I hope).

Are the side mirrors meant to tint/darken with the rear-view mirror (and is the darkening obvious)? I cant work out if mine is working.

My side mirrors hardly dip at all, and return too much (end up looking at the sky). About to be replaced by the dealer (I hope).

Are the side mirrors meant to tint/darken with the rear-view mirror (and is the darkening obvious)? I cant work out if mine is working.

All mirrors are suppose to darken if your rear view mirror has got an "auto" button on it.

I would describe it as changing from the normal yellow lights to a greenish tinge. If you're not sure, just ask the dealer to check it out for you.

Bit of an FYI post...

Like I mentioned before, my driver side mirror got changed under warrantee.

So driver side mirror is the 2011 version while my rear view and passenger side mirror is the 2007 version.

The 2011 mirror responds differently in comparison to the 2007 ones. The new ones go dark to reduce glare while the old ones goes dark with a greenish tinge.

Also I worked out, if you want to see the darkening effect during the daytime, make sure the AUTO button is on then put your finger over the light sensor at the back of the rear view mirror and the mirrors will go dark.