well, after debadging the LEXUS and IS250 from the back quite a while ago

i wanted to put the LEXUS on the front lower grill like with the HSV GTS's

but i didnt want to super glue it on, just incase it fell off or if i didnt like it

then i found the power of zip ties

and here u go, tell me what you think of it!

2r56s0p.jpg

27zvgb8.jpg

not very good pics, lol, first few i took with my new galaxy s (great phone btw, lol)

i was thinking of painting it matte black, but still not yet decided

im with platinum_jay on this one. sorry bro, no offence but it stands out way too much and doesn't suit. might look better in matte black. please share new results with us if u get it done.

btw, can you post a pic of the rear without the emblems.

ahh, ok, good to know what others think of it

well, if i do matte black the emblems, im gonna do the rear L the front L and the front LEXUS (the black pearl emblems are too expensive IMO)

also, a pic without the badging, i'll get more soon, also gonna tint my stock rear lights and see how that goes

2qasn7a.jpg

..to me it looks OK to be honest (something i would have done on my previous cars) but being a Lexus it kinda looks a lil cheap...like the guys said try painting it in matt black and how it goes...in regards to the tinting your rear lights...i was thinking of doing the same thing since my IS250 is a crystal mist color but than again i went back to "don't wanna make it look cheap" if was gonna do it i would do it properly...which unfortunately does cost $$$$$....

ahh, ok, good to know what others think of it

well, if i do matte black the emblems, im gonna do the rear L the front L and the front LEXUS (the black pearl emblems are too expensive IMO)

also, a pic without the badging, i'll get more soon, also gonna tint my stock rear lights and see how that goes

2qasn7a.jpg

i was also gonna tint the front and rear lights but didn't know if it was legal or not. googled it and stumbled across another forum where someone was saying their mate in an IS250 gone done for it so i passed.

i've still got the tints as well, was gonna do it anyway and just cross my fingers. maybe you can do it first and than if a little time passes and you don't get pulled up for it i'll do it as well, lol...

i was also gonna tint the front and rear lights but didn't know if it was legal or not. googled it and stumbled across another forum where someone was saying their mate in an IS250 gone done for it so i passed.

i've still got the tints as well, was gonna do it anyway and just cross my fingers. maybe you can do it first and than if a little time passes and you don't get pulled up for it i'll do it as well, lol...

before I bought my IS-F tails last week I was thinking of doing the same

spoke to a colleagues husband who is an assessor for a large insurer that also has a youth brand

told me about a claim he did that ended up being denied as the at fault party stated could not see the guys tail lights light up with the tinting on them

insurer denied the claim stating non roadworthy modifications caused the accident

the kid with the car was a p plater with an otherwise stock s15

scared me away from doing anything other than factory/oem!

well, after debadging the LEXUS and IS250 from the back quite a while ago

i wanted to put the LEXUS on the front lower grill like with the HSV GTS's

but i didnt want to super glue it on, just incase it fell off or if i didnt like it

then i found the power of zip ties

and here u go, tell me what you think of it!

not very good pics, lol, first few i took with my new galaxy s (great phone btw, lol)

hmm not so big a fan, it looks too big to be subtle

if it was smaller and with no other badges like the is200 stuff it'd look ok

http://members.optusnet.com.au/kwayzivietnamese/IS200/Plates/28102008906.jpg

yeh i love the mesh upper grill, wanna get one custom made, but dunno prices yet

also, getting the matte black paint tomorrow and i'll see how it goes

gonna matte black all the emblems on the car, and after that insurance thing with the tints, stuff that!

lol

just gonna lightly tint the indicators on the rear, as you can see in the pic, the orange bulb still reflects inside

thanks for tha comments, drop to come soon aswell, gonna be sitting on its a$$

just gonna lightly tint the indicators on the rear, as you can see in the pic, the orange bulb still reflects inside

get these

http://cgi.ebay.com....em=110605067147

looks silver/near invisible in the reflector when not lit

problem solved :)

i have some but havent got around to installing my IS-F tails yet

will try and get a pic as soon as i get em all on

oh, cool find, didnt know where to look for the clear bulbs, i'll be getting some ASAP, will post pics after

I don't think it looks too bad k2sty1 but its not something I'd do.

I like this idea though...

yeh i love the mesh upper grill, wanna get one custom made, but dunno prices yet

can't you get the F-Sport grill?? It look quite good.

10-03-08-lexus-is-f-sport-grille.jpg

Some of the aftermarket grills look terrible IMO.

463_full.jpg

[quote name='dis-lex-sic' timestamp='1299367910'

can't you get the F-Sport grill?? It look quite good.

I didnt think it was interchangeable with pre 09 models. Can you confirm this Dis-lex-sic.

i matte blacked my emblems (the L at the front and the back)

friends making a mesh grill for his VE, so i might try to get one for mine aswell

i'll post pics soon

• 1 year later...