Hi Guys,

Im new in here. first time post here. today went to lexus and put the money down for is350 ( trade in my 325i E93 ).

picking up the car this thursday.

cant wait for mod: F-sport air intake and F-sport muffler from USA.

I chose Graphite colour, because only black, red, graphite, white in stock. + moonroof

be easy with me please :)

Nice...did you get any free stuffs from the dealer?

You probably know anyway, don't push it too hard for the first 1000km, and try not to maintain in a same speed for extended period of time, like hitting the freeway to Canberra.

I personally find the brake is a bit soft, lack the "bite" if you know what I mean. May be it need to bed in a bit more.

Free stuff ? Hahaha only Umbrella :(

I dont recommend Sydney City Lexus to anyone. poor customer service, since I bought the car under company. so i dont really care.

today I did 100kms. i travel from City to Ingleburn via M5 ( work purposes ).

I think 1000km do not apply to lexus, bmw, benz ( high end cars ).

Congrats on your purchase, mrbbqwer.

On breaking in your 350, check out this thread: http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9674&view=findpost&p=27630

There are recommendations in your manual, including precisely those that coolmeow mentioned.

Free stuff?

I dont recommend Sydney City Lexus to anyone. poor customer service, since I bought the car under company. so i dont really care.

Congrats on the car..very nice.

Gotta laugh at people who when buying a $80k car are worried about "free stuff". Seriously coolmeow? See what you get when you buy an Audi(my other car). You get zip....nil...zero. I'd be happy if the Audi had all its options as standard like the Lexus.

As for your bad customer experience... what particularly happened & why did you still buy the car off them then?

I only ask because I had the opposite experience...got bad service at Chatswood..OK service at Parra but really enjoyed dealing with City Lexus and thats where I bought from.

I certainly wouldn't complain or bag Chatswood or Parra though as its just my experience & wasn't sooo bad. I just voted with my money and gave it to who looked after me.

Wondering why you didn't do the same???

I got surveyed after I got my car, maybe you will too? I scored my guy 10 out of 10...sounds like yours will be lucky to get a 5.

As for running in the engine....its not as important on moden engines, especially Lexus as the engines get run before being put in the car.

Lexus state run in is optional:

The engine of your new Lexus vehicle is made with industry-leading precision and quality. As a result, the break-in procedures listed in the Owner's Manual for a brand-new Lexus are optional. While following these procedures may help to optimize engine performance and engine longevity over the life of the engine, these potential benefits are marginal compared to the benefits that result from ensuring that recommended maintenance is performed as scheduled.

Hi Guys,

Im new in here. first time post here. today went to lexus and put the money down for is350 ( trade in my 325i E93 ).

How do u feel the Lexus 350 stacks against your BMW? quality and make? driving experience?

nah, not so much "worrying" about free stuffs Agent86, it is more about the quality of post-sales support the dealer willing to give after they already bag your money ;) . And that's the very reason I go with Lexus and not Audi, BMW or VW. But I suppose that mostly depending on the dealer, not really the manufacturer itself.

And they were given to me, I didn't ask for them. You will find that most quality dealer do that, I get that with Subaru as well.

I don't want to turn this thread into "what free stuffs I manage to get with my new car", as I agree it is not important, you are buying a car not accessories, but to explain what I mean, I will provide few of the things that I receive as an example, not a full list, just examples. They are not valuable but it is a nice touch.

1. Genuine Lexus boot rubber mat

2. Genuine iPod cable after they realise I use an iPhone (even setup for me)

3. eTag bracket (so I dont have to go to RTA or try to rip it off my old car)

4. plus others

Welcome to the forum mrbbqwer & congratulations on your first Lexus.

You should care regardless of how you bought it. Its not the Lexus way!!!

Pretty sure any Lexus dealership would not want to leave you feeling that way. Have you let them know that you're not 100% happy?

Have you ordered these parts yet? I'd really like to hear your car once they are on. If you need a hand with installation of them I can assist.

Have you ordered these parts yet? I'd really like to hear your car once they are on. If you need a hand with installation of them I can assist.

I have the full f-sport intake kit on my '250, if you want to try it on a 350 you're welcome to borrow it

I would have taken the umbrella over what I got... a measly two sun hats worth maybe $5 each. Not bad after plonking down nearly $70k on a new car.

And to top it off, after my first service I got a tiny box with 3 chocolates in it. Quite polarising when comparing against other peoples experiences on here.

I would have taken the umbrella over what I got... a measly two sun hats worth maybe $5 each. Not bad after plonking down nearly $70k on a new car.

And to top it off, after my first service I got a tiny box with 3 chocolates in it. Quite polarising when comparing against other peoples experiences on here.

gotta say, i love those chocolates from lexus chatswood after a service

although i would have preferred a salesman who wasn't a royal cock (not chatswood) over some free stuff

i got a bottle of henschke keyneton estate red in a lexus leather case

was a nice touch at the time as the car was a semi-birthday present to myself courtesy of work, signed for it the day after my bday

When I took delivery of my car, I got given

1. Bottle of moet & chandon champagne

2. Bunch of roses

3. Lexus umbrella

This was from Lexus of chatswood. I've purchased 3 lexus vehicles brand new from chatswood over the past 10 years. I've always had a great experience from this dealership. I didn't have the best experience from Sydney city, so I've always bought from chatswood not bothering about the other dealers. I always go in with a price in mind and if they get close to my ideal price, they've won my business.

LOL @ free stuff stories.

Its amazing how the smallest things after spending 50 - 80 grand can make ppl excited.

when i got my free stuff i was more like yea yea thanks now let me drive my lexus. but lexus service is great like tht though must admit. its i nice gesture that most people arent expecting and makes the bond between customer and salesman more comforting even though they just took 70 grand off you.

not bothering about the other dealers. I always go in with a price in mind and if they get close to my ideal price, they've won my business.

I agree with you on this 100%.....I am this way with many things.

Once I find someone I like to deal with, that not only gives me good service but most importantly knows their stuff, then I don't go elsewhere.

Getting the knowledge of someone that knows their job/product so I make the right choice & then get my moneys worth out of my purchase is more important to me than a bit more discount(or free stuff) on the wrong purchase that may not be the best use of my money.

Had this happen recently to a mate buying a motorbike.

He thought he'd really got a bargain on a race bike. All he got was incorrect info/bad advice leading to a purchase that he wish he hadn't made.

If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.

Henry Ford

Welcome to the forum mrbbqwer & congratulations on your first Lexus.

You should care regardless of how you bought it. Its not the Lexus way!!!

Pretty sure any Lexus dealership would not want to leave you feeling that way. Have you let them know that you're not 100% happy?

Yes I did ordered. Should be here 11 march

Invoice

LEXUS OF NORTH MIAMI

14100 BISCAYNE BLVD

PARTS DEPT

NORTH MIAMI, FL 33181

United States

786-528-3932

LEXUSOFNORTHMIAMI38@GMAIL.COM

Qty Item ID Description Unit Price Amount

1 FSPORT AIR INTAKE PTR0353100 340.00 340.00

1 FSPORT MUFFLER PTR08-53091 1,140.00 1,140.00