Congrats on the purchase. We are off topic but I got a blanket, picnic blanket, bvulgari key ring for the mrs and a normal Lexus keyring for me.

I also bought my car 2 days before my bday so every 3 years I buy myself a new car as a pressie :)

Sorry this might be off-topic, but I'd like to ask anyway as it pertains to 2011 delivered vehicles.

Can I ask if the iPhone 3Gs (assuming that's your phone model) works in your vehicle? Apparently, my 2010 Mark Levinson system does not support iPhone 3Gs according to user manual and also I tested using the Apple white cable.

Does anyone know if there is a firmware update available?

Cheers,

D

Sorry this might be off-topic, but I'd like to ask anyway as it pertains to 2011 delivered vehicles.

Can I ask if the iPhone 3Gs (assuming that's your phone model) works in your vehicle? Apparently, my 2010 Mark Levinson system does not support iPhone 3Gs according to user manual and also I tested using the Apple white cable.

Cheers,

D

Are you trying to use the 3Gs as iPod via the cable or as a phone via pairing with bluetooth? I am using the 4 with bluetooth, no issues at all. Also using 2nd gen iPod nano and the same iPhone 4 to listen to music via USB, also no problem. That's on the ML system.

Thanks Coolmeow.

I tried to use iPod function of iPhone 3Gs and it does not work (via Apple cable input into USB port). Then similar result with the 2nd generation iPod Touch.

Coolmeow, you mentioned you used iPhone4 via bluetooth. How do you do this?

Thanks,

D

Yes, I only use bluetooth for phone functionality.

I done a few google search and I don't see how 3GS and iPod touch wouldn't work with your USB input, because quite a few people in the US confirmed it work. When you plug the cable into the car's USB, does your phone/iPod get power from it? If it doesn't, may be you either have a incompatible cable or your USB connector in the car is faulty.

Cheers,

D

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but i had iphone 3G with OS4.x and worked fine with white USB cable and I still got calls through b/tooth. I had no ipod functionality on iphone tho. This is on a 2011 IS350 F-Sport.

Cheers,

D

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but i had iphone 3G with OS4.x and worked fine with white USB cable and I still got calls through b/tooth. I had no ipod functionality on iphone tho. This is on a 2011 IS350 F-Sport.

Thanks mate! Mine is iPhone 3GS and the owner manual does say that the ML system does not support, amongst other things, 3GS and iPod Touch. The result is that there are crackles when you connect an incompatible device :( I hope they would bring out a firmware update in the future!

Cheers,

D

LEXUS OF NORTH MIAMI

man, Lexus of North Miami sounds so much more exotic than Lexus of Chatswood, haahahhaa

anyway, congrats on the IS350!

230~ish KW, stupid p plate laws.. -_-