Instructions Required: Is300 Gps Disc Removal And Replacement?

Hi Guys,

Anyone know the instructions on replacing the GPS DVD on the inbuilt GPS on an IS300? Is it difficult?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mike

Removing the disc is easy, just remove the carpet in the boot, unscrew the lid off the DVD drive (sitting to the right of the spare wheel, I found it easiest to pull the spare wheel out while doing it). You need to have key in ignition, set to ACC, so there is power to the unit. Press the eject button, change discs, replace cover, replace spare wheel, replace carpet, then play.

By the way, the DVD drive will accept a copy of the latest WhereIs so you don't need to keep your original in the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Removing the disc is easy, just remove the carpet in the boot, unscrew the lid off the DVD drive (sitting to the right of the spare wheel, I found it easiest to pull the spare wheel out while doing it). You need to have key in ignition, set to ACC, so there is power to the unit. Press the eject button, change discs, replace cover, replace spare wheel, replace carpet, then play.

By the way, the DVD drive will accept a copy of the latest WhereIs so you don't need to keep your original in the car.

Hi GGPIS300

This is awesome thanks for the detailed instructions - I'll give this a try and let you know how I go! Thanks once again.

Cheers,

Mike

did you order a new one? if your old one is for sale let me know. the gps unit itself should just be a direct plug in, replacement will need the dash to come apart but once thats done its easy

Hey Twintim88,

Just ordered a new GPS DVD to upgrade the maps not to replace the entire Builtin GPS unit so unfortunately i won't be able to help you in this area. If you were wanting the most recent map upgrades though - Whereis V17 you can download a back up copy via the Lexus Owner Club post below:

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9997&st=15

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Mike