Deep Scrapes/scratches Under Front Bumper - Dam!

ISF_Starlight_Black

Well it finally happened and it's playing on my mind. I have just scraped the underside of the front bumper on my F.

You can't notice these scrapes unless you literally get down on one knee and look under the car but boy am I pissed!!

Do you think I should bother about getting this professionally touched up/repainted? Was quoted approx $500 by Lexus. Has anybody had theirs all scratched up?

Do you think I'm worrying too much. I don't normally drive my car everyday and always try to be careful when driving over speed humps.

Let me know what you all think.

to be honest. i would think majority of cars are like this!!

And no one will ever know!!!! It comes down to your piece of mind. BUT it is likely to happen again for sure.

If i were you i dont think i would bother -- In saying that. i havnt with mine lol

Thanks for your reply. Having said this I bit the bullet and will be getting this fixed for my piece of mind.

I'm getting this done at currans accident repair centre who are Lexus authorized. I got a much better deal from them. For $440 they will respray the underside and also attach a customized rubber strip to protect any future mishaps. They did something similar with a Ferrari recently. Included in the price is a loan car for 2 days.

I've booked this in for next Thursday. Much better deal than what I was quoted with Lexus. They were only going to respray.

Good thing with the rubber strip is that if this ever does happen again I just replace the strip and it protects the bumper.

Rob, don't forget to tell us how you got on. I have a similar issue and would be very interested to get feedback on your experience and if it lives up to the high praise reported above. Curran are where exactly?

Well it finally happened and it's playing on my mind. I have just scraped the underside of the front bumper on my F.

You can't notice these scrapes unless you literally get down on one knee and look under the car but boy am I pissed!!

Do you think I should bother about getting this professionally touched up/repainted? Was quoted approx $500 by Lexus. Has anybody had theirs all scratched up?

Do you think I'm worrying too much. I don't normally drive my car everyday and always try to be careful when driving over speed humps.

Let me know what you all think.

....... I did the same thing last week......it pisses me off being so careful and then one slip up.....so i can understand you fixing it. I was thinking of doing the same thing and getting it touched up. Sounds like a good price. Let me kow what you think of the rubber strip

Here's one of the pics that they sent me.

post-4651-0-07712900-1325833153_thumb.jp

They told me the image above is a trial mould and will look much better. It is attached via double sided tape and is very strong. Shouldnt come off even when wet. They told me that they did something similar with a Lamborghini they had in. Wont be able to see this moulded rubber strip unless you get down and actively look underneath the car.

Anyway, get to pick the car up first thing tomorrow morning.

I'll give you an update once I get my car back from them..

Hi all

Just picked my car up this morning. God dammit they did a great job.. Not only did they respray the underside of the front bumber and add the rubber moulding strip below.. They also detailed the exterior of the car with the xymol product. They did this free of charge. This was certainly a surprise. Let me tell you the car looks better than the day I picked my car up from the show room. They asked me to take the car back to them in 6 weeks for a checkover of the exterior detail and from that point on, Ill take the car back to them every 9 months for a detail.

I have nothing but high praise from they guys. Very nice people and their pricing is extremely fair. They wont rip you off:).

Anyway, i've attached the picture of the final rubber mould. Aplogies for the picture quality (This was the only angle I could take). As you can see below, you can see the extra layer of rubber. They did an extremely neat job. When I look underneath, it looks like the rubber moulding is part of the bumper itself. They did a great job that it looks like it blends in perfectly. The previous picture that I posted above does not do the work any justice. As mentioned above, they moulded the rubber strip so that is literally sculpts to the curves and blends in to the underside of the bumper. Couldn't be happier with the work that performed on the car!!!

post-4651-0-86491700-1325906256_thumb.jp