I have a 2007 Prestige with the enhancement pack which has done 2,500km.

The car is going in next week to rectify a problem with the moonroof squeaking/creaking when it's closed. The problem was not evident when the car was new nearly 3 months ago. Interestingly, when the roof is closed, I can press the glass upwards and the amount of free movement is quite noticeable. I suspect the problem is with the seals and the fact the roof is not closing tight enough.

Will report back after I've gotten the car back.

Had my car picked up yesterday morning by the dealer and it was returned mid-afternoon.

The service details were as follows:

"Inspected sunroof, found sunroof seal drying out. Lubricated and cleaned sunroof seal. Tested sunroof operating, ok"

I Must say that there is now no evidence of any "squeaking/creaking" with my moonroof but can't help but wonder if at some future stage the seals might dry out again resulting an re-occurence of the problem.

Did you say it was loose enough that you could push the glass up? :ph34r:

That must have been shocking to find out. But glad it is all sorted now.

Did you say it was loose enough that you could push the glass up? :ph34r:

That must have been shocking to find out. But glad it is all sorted now.

When I pushed up on the glass I was able to detect some slight movement and also highlight the noise I was hearing.

• 1 month later...

Hi. First time post so I hope I get it right.

I found that if I keep the moon roof seal and the paint around the seal very clean then mine does not sqeak.

Hope this helps!

• 8 months later...

glad someones brought this up as i thought i was hearing things as mine is very faint and only really noticable at night as theres less noise.

i'm going to get mine looked at as well when it goes in for servicing.

hope it doesn't turn out to be a recurring problem.

glad someones brought this up as i thought i was hearing things as mine is very faint and only really noticable at night as theres less noise.

i'm going to get mine looked at as well when it goes in for servicing.

hope it doesn't turn out to be a recurring problem.

Keep the rubber clean and conditioned and it shouldn't be a problem.

keep the rubber clean? it's a 75K car. we should'n't have to try and keep the rubber clean. it's a given the car will get dirty and the design should allow for that. i'm not having a go at you, all i'm saying is that when you spend that sort of money on a car, something as simple as a seal should not be a problem.

to put things into perspective my last car was a Mazda6, (40K) and in the whole 4 years i had it, not one thing went wrong, no leaks, creaks, rattles or anything of the sort. just the usual services and it was trouble free motoring up to the day i sold it, And thats the way it should be!

I have a 04/06 model, and the moonroof has been a recurring issue. Its worse in colder weather (ie. early mornings and the cabin has not yet warmed up). Ive had it back a few times for them to look at it. The initial creaking is due to the seal needing lubirication as mentioned in this forum (Ive found some silicon spray ie. tyre cleaner helps). However the roof lining did come off during my last service (30k), for the technicians to have a full go at it, and Ive noticed they cut some small bits of the two steel tracks out. The sunroof still makes some noise, particularly on 'tilt'. However, when the roof is opened partially or full, there is no noise whatsoever.

It does appear to be a problem that is testing the Lexus technicians. Im going to wait for the warmer weather to come in a couple of months time and see if it still does it. If not, its going to go back again, and Im going to site with a technician to point out the specific noise issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have this problem but a good friend of mine does. We swapped cars some time ago (he had installed Eibach springs) and I was stunned just how much creakier his car is. It has so many more rattles than mine (moonroof and dash). I tested his moonroof by pushing up against his glass and it is far looser than mine. This looseness and bouncing was what was causing it to rattle.

He has taken it back to his dealer a couple of times, and they do fix it for a bit, but it has always returned. Next time I see him, I'll ask him for an update and keep you all posted.

I haven't had this problem yet, but I would like to avoid it if it's a common issue.

Might sound like dumb question but how do you actually lubricate the seals? With the silicon spray??

I had a look at the sunroof rails the other way and I can see some silicon like grease applied there also