Question About Playing Dvd-r Format Plz?

Hello there

I am about to get the IS250 next week and I am so excited about it and I'd like to ask a few questions in regards to the DVD since I have chose the Nav package

1) Obviously, I know it can play the original DVD, but.....most of my movies are in rmvb file format on my computer (since the files are much smaller and can play more on a normal burnt DVD), I am wondering if there's a way that I can play it on my car? If it is impossible, how about AVI format? Or it can ONLY play original DVD or exact burnt formula?

2) When I make the mp3, do I have to make burn it in EVERY single file in order to play it without creating any folders? Because I would like to prefer to create yellow folders e.g. "Rock" folder containing 30 songs, "Pop" folder containing 50 songs and so on etc, as that way will be easier to choose what I want rather than in 1 lot. Will that be visible when I play it on my CD\DVD player? Or only all in 1 go is allowed

3) Since it can play Mp3 files, can I burn & play in DVD to play rather than a CD since DVD contains 4.5GB while CD contains ONLY 700MB? This one I dun really mind, but just asking anyways and if it can play the mp3 files on the DVD, it will be great, if not, thats cool

I know I can try and fiddle around when I pick it up, but I just can't wait

Sorry for the questions and any answers here will be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Hello there

I am about to get the IS250 next week and I am so excited about it and I'd like to ask a few questions in regards to the DVD since I have chose the Nav package

1) Obviously, I know it can play the original DVD, but.....most of my movies are in rmvb file format on my computer (since the files are much smaller and can play more on a normal burnt DVD), I am wondering if there's a way that I can play it on my car? If it is impossible, how about AVI format? Or it can ONLY play original DVD or exact burnt formula?

2) When I make the mp3, do I have to make burn it in EVERY single file in order to play it without creating any folders? Because I would like to prefer to create yellow folders e.g. "Rock" folder containing 30 songs, "Pop" folder containing 50 songs and so on etc, as that way will be easier to choose what I want rather than in 1 lot. Will that be visible when I play it on my CD\DVD player? Or only all in 1 go is allowed

3) Since it can play Mp3 files, can I burn & play in DVD to play rather than a CD since DVD contains 4.5GB while CD contains ONLY 700MB? This one I dun really mind, but just asking anyways and if it can play the mp3 files on the DVD, it will be great, if not, thats cool

I know I can try and fiddle around when I pick it up, but I just can't wait

Sorry for the questions and any answers here will be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Hey there!!!

Without going into too much detail, basically, I will try to anwer it as simply as possible! If you want more detail, I guess we will all elaborate! You will also find past posts where this had been discussed as just like you, we were all wondering the same thing when we purchased ours!!

Playing DVDs - Originals OK! Burnt originals, can be quite flakey depending on burn. I haven't had much luck, not that I've really tried too hard!!

Divx (avi's,etc), No go!!

As for the MP3's, no probs. You can save them in folders and obviously name the folders how ever you like! As for burning on DVD, don't think anyone has had luck with it.Let me re-phrase, I know that no one has had luck with it!!

Depending apon what bit rate ya MP3's are at, you will find the cdr large enough I think as you still got a 6 stack that can be filled.

Hope this partially answers your questions, but by all means, play when U get your new ride and let us all know if you discover something new!!

Hey guys, thanks for the answers as I appreciate that

Though I am getting the car next week, I was able to fiddle around with it today at the dealer =)

Oh wells, its a pity AVI or RMVB cannot be played at all but I know that apart from DVD, it can also play VCD but I guess the Australian here don't usually use that as it is irrelevant. Just letting you guys know, that's all :)

Just 2 more things if you don't mind me being fussy again

1) I notice that there are NO fastforward or rewind to seek the track or DVD for example if I am listening to a 6 minute song, and I want to seek to 3:20min, I can't do it as ONLY skipping tracks are available (backward or forward). Is that true?

2) How to I adjust left\right speakers in audio just like playing it on your computer?

Thanks

Hey guys, thanks for the answers as I appreciate that

Though I am getting the car next week, I was able to fiddle around with it today at the dealer =)

Oh wells, its a pity AVI or RMVB cannot be played at all but I know that apart from DVD, it can also play VCD but I guess the Australian here don't usually use that as it is irrelevant. Just letting you guys know, that's all :)

Just 2 more things if you don't mind me being fussy again

1) I notice that there are NO fastforward or rewind to seek the track or DVD for example if I am listening to a 6 minute song, and I want to seek to 3:20min, I can't do it as ONLY skipping tracks are available (backward or forward). Is that true?

2) How to I adjust left\right speakers in audio just like playing it on your computer?

Thanks

Hey Lexus!!!

Yeh, U pretty much right! You can't scan through an MP3! Only suggestion is to break up long tracks with software before you burn. You can do it with minimal pause so that it does sound seemless!!

As for the balance, you have the sound field where you adj the fader and balance etc. Is that what you are refering to??

yeh u definately cant play an mp3 dvd, dunno why though?! makes so much sense to do it.

ive burn a couple dvd's for the car with music video clips, just slapped it together with nero and clicked burn on the fastest possible, works everytime :)