Heads Up For Those With Aftermarket Hid's

The guys in the states have possesed steering wheel problem.

this is not a lexus fault but cuased by HID ballast being too close to the ECU/Computers and casuing them to fail

Whole thread is here

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/494847-my-car-almost-killed-me-tonite-3.html

I know a few of you guys have Aftermarket HID's

just make sure they aint close to the ECU's

thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the heads up?!?!...............please brother...........you have had your HIDS installed for what, 3-4 years now J!!

I understand that the Ballasts put some heat out, but please, the engine bay gets hot in general. (nah)

HV electrical noise, perhaps (but unlikely in my opinion).....................HV arcing from the ballast, hmmm......unlikely. In a nut shell, doubt it.

lol better than being clueless when it happens...

but another memeber stated that when he turns on the lights it does it

so it seems more than heat related more electric waves

btw denis never pick up my calls I'm so cut

Yeah, like I said brother, electrical noise , perhaps!!! Ha!

As for not picking up your calls, sorry bro!! Don't be cut..........you always call when im in a meeting or just can't get to the phone!!!

Sorry again Dan, won't happen again!wink.gif

thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the heads up?!?!...............please brother...........you have had your HIDS installed for what, 3-4 years now J!!

I understand that the Ballasts put some heat out, but please, the engine bay gets hot in general. (nah)

HV electrical noise, perhaps (but unlikely in my opinion).....................HV arcing from the ballast, hmmm......unlikely. In a nut shell, doubt it.

you're right, i've had them in for 3.5 years and no dramas but like dan said, its better to know than be clueless.

i did however have a steering problem but lexus said it was a failure on the magnets or something and was NOT related to the hids at all.

steering was not possessed in this case. more like a car without power steering but worse.....

anyhow, lexus fixed it without any dramas and that was about 18 months ago. no dramas since.

thanks for the heads up!

you're right, i've had them in for 3.5 years and no dramas but like dan said, its better to know than be clueless.

i did however have a steering problem but lexus said it was a failure on the magnets or something and was NOT related to the hids at all.

steering was not possessed in this case. more like a car without power steering but worse.....

anyhow, lexus fixed it without any dramas and that was about 18 months ago. no dramas since.

its electrical inductance. what happens is there is so much current running through the ballast it creates like an electrical magnetic field around it. . . in turn messes with all other electronic components near it.

Can cause faults that are invisible to find.